Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be humble and honest. Tell them you will treat the land as they do and you can offer to show or even share some of your finds if any. My people are happy with a bullet or two and it goes a long way. Let them talk and tell you the history if any. Good luck and do not be discouraged by a few that will say no. One good yes can lead to several more.
Good luck in your hunts!

empty_pockets

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2013-06-11_14h30_34-645x250.jpg

ROIGuy

Jun 9, 2019
Palos Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600/ Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to be giving another idea a try. I have a long background in marketing and know a number of managers/owners of landscaping companies.
I'm going to reach out to a few to see if they have any discounts for new customers or discounts for old customers who they haven't worked with lately.

If they do, I'm going to shoot them a proposal to "offer their discounts" when I'm looking for permissions on old homes/private property.

My approach will be something like this... "Hi Mr or Mrs Homeowner... I live nearby and metal detect and collect old stuff for a hobby. I'd love to have your permission to metal detect on your property on an upcoming date that works for you...or even now if you're ok with that. As compensation for you granting me permission, I give discounts to ABC Landscaping Co with whom I've pre-negotiated this deal on behalf of all of my permissioned properties." Then have a pre printed card-flyer with the logo of the landscaper as well as your name, phone number and the amount of the discount.

permission.png

I'll report back if this has the desired effect.. Please if anyone else takes this tact, report back as well. It'd be interesting to know if this yields a higher than average permission rate.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I'm going to be giving another idea a try. I have a long background in marketing and know a number of managers/owners of landscaping companies.
I'm going to reach out to a few to see if they have any discounts for new customers or discounts for old customers who they haven't worked with lately.

If they do, I'm going to shoot them a proposal to "offer their discounts" when I'm looking for permissions on old homes/private property.

My approach will be something like this... "Hi Mr or Mrs Homeowner... I live nearby and metal detect and collect old stuff for a hobby. I'd love to have your permission to metal detect on your property on an upcoming date that works for you...or even now if you're ok with that. As compensation for you granting me permission, I give discounts to ABC Landscaping Co with whom I've pre-negotiated this deal on behalf of all of my permissioned properties." Then have a pre printed card-flyer with the logo of the landscaper as well as your name, phone number and the amount of the discount.

View attachment 1756957

I'll report back if this has the desired effect.. Please if anyone else takes this tact, report back as well. It'd be interesting to know if this yields a higher than average permission rate.

Good idea but you may want to reverse it. I would anyway. Instead hook up with the landscape co as an independent salesman on commision. Now when you go to the door you're a neighborhood door to door salesman. Make your pitch, develop rapper and you might get a sale. Regardless, before you leave you tell them about your hobby and make your request. Almost like it was an after thought. A lot of products work for door to door residential sales. You can probably come up with some on your own. A product allows you to go to your car and complete the sale.

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might try sending the land owners a letter. You can find out who owns the land by asking the property assessor, or tax assessor. I think there is some website also. If you do write a letter, maybe post it on here so some of us can use it. Good luck.

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just downloaded Landglide, an app for your phone. It shows the property owner and mailing address. It looks like it will be very helpful for me. Now we just need a foolproof letter!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread