Metal Detecting Law in Arizona PLEASE HELP!!!!!

ryan714

Mar 27, 2012
oregon
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have just moved to Tucson and have been metal detecting for years...... I was wondering is it okay to metal detect on city limits such as the sidewalk in between the houses and the street? ... Can I detect in the washes or old roads that I find on historic maps.. Or any parks, national forest, etc?????

keystonecops

Mar 9, 2014
salem or
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT-Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Oregon. Heres a thought. The town my mother in law lives in, I contacted police dept. They enforce the law, and can direct you. Later Clyde

gusser

Dec 23, 2013
Central Penna
Detector(s) used
copper dowsing rod and a smaller 1 for a pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A lot of Arizona is "open range". I detected wash and along dirt roads all over that state when I lived there.

OP
OP
R

ryan714

Mar 27, 2012
oregon
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya I didn't think it would be to much of a big deal.. I called the Parks and Rec. they said, " You Have to Have a Permit" which is free anyway so I am gonna get one today and read its stipulations... Supposedly they have passed new laws as of the 1st that most parks and city property's soil cant be Punctured!! I don't usually dig with a shovel anyway...I pop my coins and rings out with a Flathead Screwdriver and when I do dig I always make it look like I was never there.. All these New Detectorist are destroying the hunt for others... I've seen people dig ! Foot by 1 foot holes in search of a nail or penny that was only half inch deep.. Freegin joke!!!

OP
OP
R

ryan714

Mar 27, 2012
oregon
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You ever find anything??? I was thinking of going down to Greaterville and just start walking up the old river.. You ever been down there or have any luck??

gusser

Dec 23, 2013
Central Penna
Detector(s) used
copper dowsing rod and a smaller 1 for a pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I usually went up to Crown King and worked my way home. Found coin in the parks around Peoria. Small amounts of gold and silver in the desert.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread