Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey gang..I've been enjoying the weather breaking by getting out and DIGGING !! But alas..my new-less than a week old Accu-find pin-pointer has developed a problem, and Kellyco is closed, so maybe the peeps here can suggest something. I know it is not the most expensive unit out there, but it is what came with me "kit" when buying my detector. You turn it on by twisting the knob clock-wise until it stops vibrating, then tune it by setting the knob to just where it does not vibrate. Well..my friends, it vibrates all the time! Worked great for a day, but it's erratic now, like once out of every ten to twelve times it works, but then when I pick it up is goes to full vibrate mode. I tried switching batteries, I checked the integrity of the exposed wiring, and Google did not produce any suggestions..so If anybody out there...or in here..has experienced this or knows of any wisdom to share...any and ALL help is very much appreciated. PLEASE...don't just tell me to toss it and buy a new Garrett Pro Pointer..that IS my next investment. just looking to get through the weekend until I can get it sent back to the manufacturer. Thx in advance!! ddf

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try a used battery that has run down a bit.. Maybe turn it on and leave it for a while.. Sometimes turning it on and off will do it .. As the battery starts to run down the knob won't have to be turned up as far.. Other than that it needs to be adjusted internally..

empty_pockets

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
images.jpg ...Do like a lot of us do, metal probe and dirty hands until you get another....

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can open it up abit further and expose the circuitry there mat be a small screw with a plus and minus sign + - to adjust sensitivity not sure though I used to have a bounty hunter set up like that

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread