catskill hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Invite me up!

OP
OP
T

TankerRobbie

Sep 22, 2013
Duncannon, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster GT.
Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
where abouts are you located and available terry? you arent related to an art soloman in forestburgh are you?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Naw, no relation. I'm down in White Plains. I get up to Kingston every now and then for farm field hunts. Keep me in mind, and if you are going to come south let me know ahead of time and I'll try and set up a hunt for us down here.

OP
OP
T

TankerRobbie

Sep 22, 2013
Duncannon, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster GT.
Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
absolutely will right now im working my property in monticello on location of an old mill, what the mill ...milled i dont know but so far iv found remnants of a steamer trunk , id like to get a group together for a hunt up here sometime

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be an interesting hunt.

empty_pockets

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spend 30 days in the Plattsburg New York area each year.......

OP
OP
T

TankerRobbie

Sep 22, 2013
Duncannon, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster GT.
Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
deff wouldnt mind a group hunt, we gotta do some research on where we want to go, i personally dont think its worth our time to try and hunt the old hotels or anything like that, id like to find some civil or revolutionary relics personally , any suggestions?

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had my eye on visiting Monticello for a little bit now. I grew up in Monticello, Ky and have been wanting to visit your town just for the novelty. A member posted a few months ago about visiting Monticello, NY and the nice looking old sites and got me to thinking about detecting there. Would be awesome to have a local that knew the area.:coffee2:

OP
OP
T

TankerRobbie

Sep 22, 2013
Duncannon, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster GT.
Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had my eye on visiting Monticello for a little bit now. I grew up in Monticello, Ky and have been wanting to visit your town just for the novelty. A member posted a few months ago about visiting Monticello, NY and the nice looking old sites and got me to thinking about detecting there. Would be awesome to have a local that knew the area.:coffee2:

haha i knew being a native would come in handy one day. id say we need to all get together one day next month and hit it

discn

Aug 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
my sixth sense and a shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was going to be my last stop before I headed home lol

Tenderfoot

Mar 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got a place in Big Indian - 30 miles west of Kingston that's been in the family for 120 years. Just started detecting it last year. Found farm implements and a few coins so far. Best was a V nickel. Lots of places there that have not ever been hunted. Old train stations, hotels, stores, etc

OP
OP
T

TankerRobbie

Sep 22, 2013
Duncannon, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster GT.
Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im heading out tomorrow to an old battle ground that IS NOT a state park i will be doing a recon of the area to see if its worth hitting, if anyone knows of a location around here they want to hit thats a good hunting ground let me know ill look into it. i was just doing alot of research on the area and hit some big leads im hoping.

Tenderfoot

Mar 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry,
If you're serious about coming to the Catskills let me know when you're available. I have several old homestead sites that have not been hunted. I'm 2 hours from white plains at exit 19 on the nys thruway.

Did you get the flag?

John

OP
OP
T

TankerRobbie

Sep 22, 2013
Duncannon, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster GT.
Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tender Terry and i were talking about getting something together i figure get a handful of MD's together on a weekend could be a fun time

Tenderfoot

Mar 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For a day or a weekend? Let me know when and I'll try to make arrangements here

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions