Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT, ATPro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yup slow and low. Same with the gold.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
them darn old bottle cap you can't be too quick to dig just turn re-sweep that seems to help..
but if you get them out there could be sum-then deeper and better hiding below them caps....

empty_pockets

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you covered your meter and stay with a single tone machine and use less discrimination and DIG you will be surprised at what you find. With meter and tones some good things would be loss....But then again, look at all the ups and downs you would be missing and not getting as dirty as the single beep guy...

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't run an AT however slowing your speed has a similar effect on most machines I've used. Aluminum caps and rusty pop caps have a round profile and similar conductivity pattern to the good stuff. I don't think there will ever be a way to eliminate this however after some experience and good observation I have found I can "discriminate" what I'm beeping on.
New places, dig it all for a bit and see what your detectors telling you. Often such targets show up at only a certain depth or can have slightly jumpy identification. Finding old stuff, slow it down and dig it anyway to get rid of the masking caps are good at making.

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
listen for the whispers of deep targets

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Circle your target while swinging, those bottle caps will jump through all three tones...not always but 3 out of 4 caps...Im talking about the crimped on type caps...the screw on caps fool me no matter what I do.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AT Pro is one of the best detectors for ID'ing bottle caps.

This may help…

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread