Is this trash or treasure??? found it at the beach.

Apr 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20140408_234103.jpg 20140408_234103.jpg

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks from the pic to be some kind of impressed tin or maybe a bottle seal. Is it very thin and light? If so, trash I believe.

empty_pockets

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
index.jpg ...Susan is probably correct....Do not discard, could be something else...

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some sort of cap in my opinion. Is it treasure or trash? well that's up to you. If ya like it and intend to keep it then its treasure :) if you tossed it its trash. I can pretty confidently say, having looked at a few "collections", treasure is in the eye of the beholder.
Luck and keep swinging. Hehh

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
With the piece of string hanging out of it... it must be modern. That string would have disintegrated if the item was old. I vote "trash".

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Some sort of cap in my opinion. Is it treasure or trash? well that's up to you. If ya like it and intend to keep it then its treasure :) if you tossed it its trash. I can pretty confidently say, having looked at a few "collections", treasure is in the eye of the beholder.
Luck and keep swinging. Hehh
I like your attitude.

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
*tips imaginary cap* Thank ya CoilyGirl.

In the end it really is about attitude. Some may disagree however detecting to me is really not a for profit thing~ and I have turned a profit at times *LOL*~ but one thing that got me really young looking at a distant relatives detection "collection" was just the shear variety and some of the stories. I feel it kinda makes one think on the treasure/trash mentality when you dig up something really cool to you just to have someone else judge whether its junk or not. Considering the shear amount of "trash" that one can find at yard sales, flea markets, second hand shops or even just on E-bay the truth of "One mans junk is another mans treasure" really strikes home in a post like this. Probably be reason for an entire topic in itself but hey give Isthisthetreasure his cudo's and maybe something to think on :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread