The Ultimate Find, The Holy Grail

wvplug

Mar 2, 2014
Randolph County, WV
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone gets into this hobby with the idea of finding treasures of some sort. Some of us want to strike it rich literally, some of us just relish finding silver coins, or gold rings perhaps. Whatever it is that draws us toward the hobby I think everyone has that one item that would be set above all our other finds. That one Holy Grail of detecting. For me I would love to find an old western Marshal's Badge. What is your Ultimate find?

b6b24c303950c6ce6b1b0b928603d134.jpg

AusTexDude

Aug 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anything worth A LOT of money that requires very little time to find and sell. As for artifacts it would be cool to find something to prove ancient people came here in the USA by boat long before Columbus did, or a relic from the age of ADVANCED people that lived on Earth before 12,000 years ago. Something like that "might" get you killed though, depending.

OP
OP
wvplug

wvplug

Mar 2, 2014
Randolph County, WV
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As for artifacts it would be cool to find something to prove ancient people came here in the USA by boat long before Columbus did, or a relic from the age of ADVANCED people that lived on Earth before 12,000 years ago. Something like that "might" get you killed though, depending.

Are you talking about alien beings here? Either way I hadn't considered finding anything like that. It would very cool to find something along those lines though.

gman7665

Mar 1, 2013
Campville New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Marshals / Sherriff Badge is High on My list also, But one w/ a Bullet hole ... :skullflag:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anything worth A LOT of money that requires very little time to find and sell. As for artifacts it would be cool to find something to prove ancient people came here in the USA by boat long before Columbus did, or a relic from the age of ADVANCED people that lived on Earth before 12,000 years ago. Something like that "might" get you killed though, depending.

What he said, and gold anything!

AusTexDude

Aug 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you talking about alien beings here? Either way I hadn't considered finding anything like that. It would very cool to find something along those lines though.

No not aliens... Humans. There was a great civilization before ours that was wiped out by a global flood around 12,000 years ago. There is a lot of evidence that supports this.

AusTexDude

Aug 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!! Just found this. Here is EXACTLY what I am talking about. Think about it... 6 million pound blocks stacked 120 feet tall? This is evidence of the "past" lost society that lived on Earth 12,000+ years ago.

Newly Found Megalithic Ruins In Russia Contain The Largest Blocks Of Stone Ever Discovered

An incredible discovery that was recently made in Russia threatens to shatter conventional theories about the history of the planet. On Mount Shoria in southern Siberia, researchers have found an absolutely massive wall of granite stones. Some of these gigantic granite stones are estimated to weigh more than 3,000 tons, and as you will see below, many of them were cut “with flat surfaces, right angles, and sharp corners”. Nothing of this magnitude has ever been discovered before. The largest stone found at the megalithic ruins at Baalbek, Lebanon is less than 1,500 tons. So how in the world did someone cut 3,000 ton granite stones with extreme precision, transport them up the side of a mountain and stack them 40 meters high?

Newly Found Megalithic Ruins In Russia Contain The Largest Blocks Of Stone Ever Discovered

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to start a rumor that I have found Coronado's gold, with an estimated value of $200 million (with a 40 year old Garrett BFO box yet!). Within 24 hours, every single media network will pick up the story, and folks will believe it is true. The media will exaggerate the value at over $400 million, and a few others will add to that, and fairly soon, the value will be up to $200 billion! All of this proves nothing! Except..... People are really gullible!

It reminds me of the Billy the Kid stories about his buried treasure. Borsch! Being a drunk, a womanizer, and an armed bandit do not add up to a buried treasure trove. So how does this relate to Coronado? He was, by all accounts, a drunkard and womanizer as well. And considering that he drank wine stored in lead vessels, means he was probably crazy as well!

empty_pockets

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This would be mine............ tumblr_msmsmyuK331rd3evlo1_400.jpg .....Civil War-Prosthetic Limbs

This prosthetic leg was found in Woodhull, Illinois. The sculptural leg is made of hand-carved wood, leather, and hand-forged iron and zinc.

More than 30,000 Union soldiers and 40,000 Confederate soldiers lost limbs between 1861 and 1865, per Robert Gailey, Ph.D., P.T., a professor of physical therapy at the University of Miami School of Medicine and a researcher at the Miami VA Medical Center.

The Civil War marked the end of the era of wooden peg legs and simple hooks. The war set the prosthetics industry on a course that would ultimately lead to today’s quasi-bionic limbs.

Ironically, the person who launched the era of modern prosthetics was also the first documented amputee of the Civil War–Confederate soldier James Edward Hanger. Hanger, who lost his leg above the knee to a cannon ball, was first fitted with a wooden peg leg by Yankee surgeon

OP
OP
wvplug

wvplug

Mar 2, 2014
Randolph County, WV
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!! Just found this. Here is EXACTLY what I am talking about. Think about it... 6 million pound blocks stacked 120 feet tall? This is evidence of the "past" lost society that lived on Earth 12,000+ years ago.

An incredible discovery that was recently made in Russia threatens to shatter conventional theories about the history of the planet. On Mount Shoria in southern Siberia, researchers have found an absolutely massive wall of granite stones. Some of these gigantic granite stones are estimated to weigh more than 3,000 tons, and as you will see below, many of them were cut “with flat surfaces, right angles, and sharp corners”. Nothing of this magnitude has ever been discovered before. The largest stone found at the megalithic ruins at Baalbek, Lebanon is less than 1,500 tons. So how in the world did someone cut 3,000 ton granite stones with extreme precision, transport them up the side of a mountain and stack them 40 meters high?

Yeah that is very cool. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
wvplug

wvplug

Mar 2, 2014
Randolph County, WV
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This would be mine............ View attachment 976064 .....Civil War-Prosthetic Limbs

This prosthetic leg was found in Woodhull, Illinois. The sculptural leg is made of hand-carved wood, leather, and hand-forged iron and zinc.

More than 30,000 Union soldiers and 40,000 Confederate soldiers lost limbs between 1861 and 1865, per Robert Gailey, Ph.D., P.T., a professor of physical therapy at the University of Miami School of Medicine and a researcher at the Miami VA Medical Center.

The Civil War marked the end of the era of wooden peg legs and simple hooks. The war set the prosthetics industry on a course that would ultimately lead to today’s quasi-bionic limbs.

Ironically, the person who launched the era of modern prosthetics was also the first documented amputee of the Civil War–Confederate soldier James Edward Hanger. Hanger, who lost his leg above the knee to a cannon ball, was first fitted with a wooden peg leg by Yankee surgeon

That would be different alright. I wonder if anyone has ever found one metal detecting...

Ole # 7

Feb 13, 2014
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Eclipse 9.5 concentric, Eclipse DD 6x10, Bullseye TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To find a Viking era sword along a stone wall in the New England area would be huge. I lived in Ct. for awhile in the late 80s, and I remember reading in the local paper that someone had found a stone wall that was shaped like a Viking ship. I guess no one had realized what it was because of its relatively large size, and the local Colonial farmers used it as part of their stone walls, so it was a kind of "can't see the woods for all the trees" kind of thing. But as soon as the story came out, it was squelched for fear of the site getting pillaged. Does anyone remember hearing about that, around the Ashford/Mansfield Ct. area, around'85-'87ish?

bulrush

Mar 13, 2014
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd like to find enough old coins to sell and get a Garrett Ace 250 or maybe something more.

I love old coins, silver and gold. So my dream find would be a cache of old coins. I saw a video on Youtube where a guy was in a river, and found near the edge, under water, about 50 silver coins from late 1700s. I think they were a mix of Spanish and English. It was possibly a cache at the base of a tree, but the river got wider and swallowed it up. I'd like to find that.
Some coins were in quite nice condition, like VG or a bit better. Some were very tarnished.

bulrush

Mar 13, 2014
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd like to find enough old coins to sell and get a Garrett Ace 250 or maybe something more.

I love old coins, silver and gold. So my dream find would be a cache of old coins. I saw a video on Youtube where a guy was in a river, and found near the edge, under water, about 50 silver coins from late 1700s. I think they were a mix of Spanish and English. It was possibly a cache at the base of a tree, but the river got wider and swallowed it up. I'd like to find that. Some coins were in quite nice condition, like VG or a bit better. Some were very tarnished.

mope540

Jun 29, 2011
Yonder
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, X1 probe, SEF 8X6 coil.

AT Gold, 5X8 coil, Garrett PP

Equinox 800, 6" coil

Oldest coin to date...1829 large cent
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
something about like this......

Funeral_Mask_of_Tutankhamen.jpg

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I love old coins, silver and gold. So my dream find would be a cache of old coins. I saw a video on Youtube where a guy was in a river, and found near the edge, under water, about 50 silver coins from late 1700s. I think they were a mix of Spanish and English. It was possibly a cache at the base of a tree, but the river got wider and swallowed it up. I'd like to find that. Some coins were in quite nice condition, like VG or a bit better. Some were very tarnished.

video was from Beau Ouimette, a member of this site, and actually got BANNER for that cache of coins. Yes..as a detectorist myself, something along the lines of that would satisfy me. Go to You-tube and search him..over 140 vids and they are all very good. thx ddf

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard someone found Coronodos gold worth 200 million ,that wold be nice

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to find a metal detector that only picks up gold..............and you could wear it like a pair of sunglasses and see the gold. Just an idea...the digging part would be fun.

This is my prediction of the year....one day you will see such a device. I'm working on it in my garage. I heard that's where all the good stuff starts out at.

*Update....does anybody remember those "X-Ray" glasses you could order from the comic books.....it's already been done.:tongue3:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread