EMI has any one found a way to hunt near these towers

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
What detector? (And what type of tower for that matter?) Some machines handle EMI better than others.

If you can adjust your frequency, try that first. A shift of 4 kHz can make the difference between continuous warbling and near silence. If you can "nudge" your frequency up or down a little without changing to another one entirely, so much the better. Sometimes that's enough.

Some places may just be impossible. I have a site with a very interesting history in a local old park. I've found wheaties right next to it, but once you enter the area of high interference, forget about it. It's already driven an E-Trac, a Deus, and a Silver uMax completely berserk regardless of settings, so I'm not sure that anything is really going to be usable in there. Even my Propointer doesn't like it.

empty_pockets

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This coil handles any and all EMI. i own and use it with my IDX Pro........ 2003_0101Image0004.jpg 2003_0101Image0005.jpg ...Another special purpose Applied Creativity loop, designed to eliminate signal interference from 60 cycle transformers, high tension wires, radio frequency and other metal detectors. Because of its size, this six inch loop works great in high trash areas and easily matches the depth of 8 inch plus loops. In fact, in harsh environments it gets much greater depth than your standard loop because it has the ability to operate at a higher sensitivity level with less interference. It doesn't lose coins on edge and pin-pointing is a breeze. It's very sensitive to tiny targets and its ability to handle bad ground mineralization makes it a good prospecting loop. When used in the "all metal mode" this loop does not detect from the top of the coil, thus it can be used under metal fences and playground equipment. When you see it, don't be alarmed by the thickness. That's what makes it work! It is designed for use on White's Pro's, Eagles, Quantums & Spectrums.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That also work on Whites M6?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
A PI might be a better choice. The signal processing is different, but let's face it, If the electromagnetic field is powerful enough, it could knock out almost anything.
Frank...
hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread