Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I post this because I just tried a new way....and it worked.I have sold nearly 3k in items over time and wish I did this sooner.
First...dont sell silver rings for scrap weight...ever.Same with gold jewelry.Not enough money in it for the effort to collect it.

Heres the deal....I set up a table at the side of the road with a sign that said used jewelry for sale...people often set up and sell things in this spot.I was getting $10.00 for simple 925 rings.Even the zirconias sold out.I had a small bucket of cheap bling crap and put a sticker on it that said...arts and crafts supplies,$15.00 for all...It actually sold.

A shoe box of hot wheels and other little toys..$10.00.I had paid a friend to repair some broken jewelry...that paid off.A bowl of square nails marked $.25 ea. was bought by a lady who makes unusual picture frames for historical photography..she wants to look at all the iron stuff I have...buckles...everything..we meeting this eve.I have tons.

A fellow asked if I ever find old shell casings or marbles...we meeting next week.When I let folks know that I metal detected the stuff they seemed to want it more,was really fun.Hooked up two old property permissions too.

A great day...$275.00 so far,new connections....all good
cheers..:laughing7:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great idea. Not sure they would let me set up a roadside stand around here, but next time it's city garage sale day I will drag my stuff out. I find buckets of crappola, plus silver bling at the lake.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take orders for certain items and those items not good enough for auction due to wear can easily be sold at detector rallies where many who haven't done well are keen to buy anything just so they can justify to the wife why they have been away for a weekend !

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Ah, one of the things I love about Tnet...... NEW IDEAS!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread