Human tooth found what should i do?

sotex

Greenie
Mar 14, 2007
south texas
Detector(s) used
Whites v prizm /not sure about it yet.
The wife and i were mding an old farm house this morning.When i got a good hit by the back porch,so im digging and finding some broken glass and flaky iron when i notice in the bottom of the hole somthing looks like ivory.First off i grew up hunting and fishing all my life so i have seen my fair share of coyote, dog and other animal bones and teeth but this one was diffrent .The only thing that puzzled me was it still had the root attached.I just put it back were i found it .I don't need any bad mojo on me.Any way we left but i started thinking should i tell somone or is this pretty common?

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Not exactly common, but I'd just leave it and forget about it unless it had a gold filling. LOL BTW, what gave off the good signal?

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know if you should have put it back, I heard the tooth fairy was pissed off cus she lost it and now shes commin' after you with plyers to replace it!! ;D ;D

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally, I'd consider it a Cool Find & add it to my Collection.

Just a Tooth, does not add up to Possable Foul Play.

It could have been knocked out in a fall,
or even someones souvinear, from their own mouth,
that got carried off by a child & lost.

If you find a Head or Body, that would be another story.

IF there was foul play or a Dissaperance connected to the area,
you could always Submit it to the police to decide if DNA Tests would
be a Consideration, but my guess they would throw it in the trash.
or suggesst you do.

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I found a tooth in my yard and recalled immediately that it was home to a dentist and his office. Of course it was only tooth, no gold.

OP
OP
S

sotex

Greenie
Mar 14, 2007
south texas
Detector(s) used
Whites v prizm /not sure about it yet.
stoney56 said:
Not exactly common, but I'd just leave it and forget about it unless it had a gold filling. LOL BTW, what gave off the good signal?
There were some copper pipe by the steps of the house. That set gave the signal.Hey maybe thats why there was a tooth there. LOL...

N

nightshift

HELL NO....this is very common,only last week whilst out detecting i dug up someones ear and foot..whilst my mate found 5 eyeballs and a sack of testicles......OF COURSE ITS NOT COMMON

Nick in NEPA

Dec 28, 2006
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't anyone see the Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)? Farmhouse...tooth...hmmmm

boone

Greenie
Mar 12, 2007
Can I borrow it? My wife mentioned something about getting glamour shots done this weekend. A toothless 30yr old has advantages but does not photograph well! If you know what I mean! I promise I'll send it back.

Tom Walter

Greenie
Feb 19, 2005
You should probably write down everything you know about the discovery and mail it anonymously to the local Sheriffs office. Might be someone kid or mother in that hole and the family might want to know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread