Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Term limits are a starting point. One would add that any former elected member of congress, house or senate, be excluded from conducting business with the federal government *In any capacity public or private* for a period of 4 to 8 years.... heck tie it to the term limit. A lot of the perversion of our budgetary and regulatory law is due to "in house" manipulation of said law by sitting members who have jobs waiting for them outside of office... and later come back as lobbyists for the same outside job to keep the "fix" on for their employer.
Its all about the money, the graft, the simple fact that the ruling "elite" are in no way truly accountable for the harm they do regularly. And sadly our justice system can not initiate corrections unless an outside body or individual can both prove harm has occurred. Such bodies must have a lot *and I do mean A LOT* of money and time *YEARS*.

The thread started off about Property Ownership. It devolved to taxation, for good reason, and I'd like to see more constructive thoughts. Its fine to be mad at the "Man" but really it revolves around education of our peers who vote.
It'll be an interesting time this next few years.

A flat tax system would be of immense help to. However if it is not coupled with a constitutional amendment requiring a truly balance budget officials will end run the system with things like surcharges to fill the holes in their unbalanced budget. Another item that kills the adoption of a flat tax is that many of the spending problems currently in action, and future ones "time bombs", will create havoc with revenues due to grandfathering... and congress *both houses* will effectively do nothing to modify or amend those programs.
To fix this one party or the other would have to effectively take full control of the government, have their appointments made for the judiciary that benefit them, and about 12 years of constant work to make such a thing affective. My opinion.

We will all suffer. Just going to be a mater of degree if the ball ever gets rolling on correcting our countries governing systems.

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Term limits are a starting point. One would add that any former elected member of congress, house or senate, be excluded from conducting business with the federal government *In any capacity public or private* for a period of 4 to 8 years.... heck tie it to the term limit. A lot of the perversion of our budgetary and regulatory law is due to "in house" manipulation of said law by sitting members who have jobs waiting for them outside of office... and later come back as lobbyists for the same outside job to keep the "fix" on for their employer.
Its all about the money, the graft, the simple fact that the ruling "elite" are in no way truly accountable for the harm they do regularly. And sadly our justice system can not initiate corrections unless an outside body or individual can both prove harm has occurred. Such bodies must have a lot *and I do mean A LOT* of money and time *YEARS*.

The thread started off about Property Ownership. It devolved to taxation, for good reason, and I'd like to see more constructive thoughts. Its fine to be mad at the "Man" but really it revolves around education of our peers who vote.
It'll be an interesting time this next few years.

Interesting? More like saddening...

sent from a potato...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen no politics here. ...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not really diesel<
There are already several initiatives starting to come into play that may begin changes that I hope will ultimately be beneficial to American's.
I see nothing to be saddened about unless it devolves to violence. I honestly don't believe American's are ready to take up arms just yet and if
several things happen in the next while we may just start to see a light at the end of the tunnel. To me that is interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread