Safari should I do it?

Pauln

May 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am putting my Sov GT for sale because I have an excal for the beach and enjoy water hunting not dry sand hunting. The Sov GT is great for the dry sand but not getting in the water with it and not waterproofing it.

I also go to parks but the sov doesn't have a display so I bought a meter. That didn't really work because it doesn't tell me depth. I like to know how deep things are so I don't waste time on things not deep if I don't have much time.

I have been using an at pro at parks and love it. My beaches don't really find deep stuff and my excal goes as deep as I need. (yes the sov goes a little deeper but everything is usually fresh finds on my beaches.

So someone called me and said they would like to trade me my sov gt for a safari. It would be good to have another land machine besides just my at pro but I can always just sell it for cash and get something later. so my questions is should I trade my Sov GT for a Safari or should I just sell it for cash and forget about this Safari since I love my at pro. I could take the cash and buy an at gold or something else.

What do you all think?

Thank you

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally and it is just me but I would keep the Sov GT, it is the best wet salt sand detector there is..... Never hurts to have a back up beach detector. I have 2 excals with large coils and other custom mods and a Sov GT, If surf is too rough to go in water I use my Sov GT. ...

You can change coils on Sovereign, you can't on excal unless you have a custom mod on it and there are features on Sov nor available on excal...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Pauln

May 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you and if I was going to plan on being at the beach if the surf is too rough I agree with you but if the surf is too rough I can detect a local park or many other spots. The Sov gt is great but not really a back up considering it is not water proof. I have my at pro for dry sand if I need back up. Yes I know the Sov is much better than the at pro on the dry sand but I can always also us my excal on the dry sand if I have to. That is my point. Do I really need the sov?

empty_pockets

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mmm.jpg .....about the Sovereign, if not,....... its-up-to-you.jpg .....I would not trade my Sovereign for any Minelab land machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread