Kenkoehn1950

Jan 18, 2013
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT, ATPro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
MDer's are the best!

Just wanted to let all of you know how much I appreciate your posts! The banner ones, the good ones, and the not so good ones. I guess we have all had our days where it seems like someone just threw out a lot of coins just for us and then other days where every detectorist in the world has hit this one park. I thoroughly enjoy this website and all of you. Even though we never meet, it is still nice to share a piece of everyone's experience. :hello2:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a fine hobby, and Treasure net is a great website.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I for one have gained so much in information from the Folks here,it has been very
beneficial in the hobby.

GOD Bless

Chris

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a great hobby, and one I've been around since 1964. That is a bit longer than I've been an amateur radio operator (KØBG). I enjoy both hobbies, but I do my best not to fall into the pit so many folks do–it is called cronyism! Or, if you're a gen-xer, that's a click! Of of you're really old, clannish is the word! Fact is, every hobby has them.

One MD club in this state has become so exclusive, outsiders aren't welcome! Even if you're willing to drive 200 miles to attend their meetings! The same goes from a couple of the amateur radio clubs. I don't have an answer for those folks. All I can do is not fall into the same pit.

I don't mind pesky kids, unless they're really bothersome. I often share a find with some of the more inquisitive ones, in hopes of stirring an interest. I do the same with my amateur radio hobby, when folks ask about all of the antennas mounted on my Honda Ridgeline. I truly believe, that if we all exhibit the same attitude, a lot more folks would be sympathetic to our cause, and not enact laws to prevent us from detecting just about anywhere we wish!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think in most part we in this hobby are nice to the general population, but I can't say the same of the general population being nice to us,I have had pennies thrown at me and they thought it was funny! Those things hurt!

The little 6yr. Old boy detecting on the beach was cute with his detector, we compared finds (got his mom's ok first). Later we were both leaving and he ask me if I came here often, a lady that overheard him thought it was hilarious !
He was showing me all the change he found, when I told him if he was finding nickels he had a good chance of finding jewelry his mom's eyes just lit up and I'm thinking "Oh God what have I done now!"
Haven't been back to that beach I hope he is still detecting, maybe with his mom! Lol!

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What I like most about Tnet is all the hints and ideas you get from reading the posts, and of course the knowledge that is available
in the aggregate which I'm sure adds to my success as a detectorist.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread