CP-100 coin & cache probe

deedeelou

Mar 10, 2007
Re: CP-100 coin & cache probe

Great question -

I am also interested in learning about different types of probes.

Thanks for posting the question!

Dena

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I did order one and it should be in any day now. I will try it out and let you know how it works! I have been hoping that someone else around here would have one and tell us how it works for them. Guess I will be the guinea pig person!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

You have to be within 1/8" of an object for it to respond? That's pretty poor sensitivity.

http://www.waynesthisandthat.com/cp100.html

I regret to say that after working with the CP-100 for a week in both my 50-target test garden and in the field, I have to conclude that its short sensing range of 1/8-inch makes it almost worthless as a locator/pinpointer. In the field, it failed to detect six different objects ranging from foil to coins to bottle caps, even after as many as a dozen probings in each case. I then resorted to hand-digging and sifting for the targets and found them faster that way that the time it took probing for them. I checked the probe after each target and it appeared to be operating correctly in that when very close to or touching a quarter it responded as indicated in the directions.

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !

Is this the same unit as the cp-200 cache probe I found at Kelly co.? I just posted the same questions about it at the metal detecting board. I hope the 200 is an upgrade cause I really need to replace my periscope pinpointer. :-[

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I can see some use for them, however I don't have one or ever used one. It seems useful if you used it for sizing a target. When its a small object you could pinpoint it and know its a coin or jewelry and dig it. If its a large object you would know its trash or platesteel and not to dig it.

Keep @ it and HH!!

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

got mine in today it was shipped in an envelope and had been torn and marked damaged by the post office. It looked fine, but when I tried it out it was really unstable. I held it on a quarter sometimes it would go off sometimes it wouldn't tried it on all kinds of metal with the same effect. It would in no way go off near metal only when you touched metal and that was only sometimes. So I guess it was somehow damaged in shipping but I wasn't impressed with it any how so back it goes. The sound it does make was super annoying.

NorCal 6er

Aug 24, 2006
chowchilla, ca
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, GMT, XLT, Fisher C$, Gold Bug 2, 1225, 1220, Minelab SD2200v2

Hi everyone

You should look at the Uniprobe by Detectorpro
you can double check the target location after you pinpoint w/detector
before you dig.
I used a Whites Bullseye before and do like it it works great but can only go about 1" to 1 1/2"s, the Uniprobe will go about 6" I use diff. size coils so my depth reading sometimes is off this makes it easier.

so far the only thing I don't like about it is the toggle switch, could be moved to better location. I have the pocket Uniprobe.

the sun-ray sounds good to but I like the fact that I can use this wth
any detector, the sun-ray only for the detector you buy it for.

check this out http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,82404.0.html

HH
Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread