Pouches?

topdogintampa

Apr 19, 2014
Tampa Bay
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Teknetics Gamma 6000, Treasure Com TC3X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you are looking for a low cost pouch that works very well then the magno-grip from Home Depot works very well for the $10 price imo. It is one of those magnetic drywall screw/nail pouches that is made well, just the perfect size, sturdy metal belt clip and two divided sections with a small pencil like partition.

Now the square magenet on the front is the only issue I saw due to the weight of it so I took it out. Easy to remove and you can't even tell it was there. Back partiton is perfect for my digging tool. Almost like a sheath as it's a bit tighter then the front partition. Plenty of space for a pinpointer also. Clip it on and go. Works well.

There are also $100 pouches out there also....website shows $15.99 but HD's price is $9.99

3-Pocket Magnetic Nail Pouch - MagnoGrip

Take a look at it if you are in the market for one. HH!

topdogintampa

Apr 19, 2014
Tampa Bay
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Teknetics Gamma 6000, Treasure Com TC3X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh sorry, it holds plenty of Spanish cobs, gold and diamond rings, coins, pull-tabs, foil etc. lol! Unfortunately, I haven't quite filled it up on a single hunt yet but trying....:laughing7:

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wear a carpenters framing belt.one large pouch with a couple smaller ones built on it.even has a perfect sleve for pro pointer and back brace built in.I dig it.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do have a pouch that will fit my finds, trash, plus my pinpointer and Lesche digger, but it's so darn heavy with both in. So I leave one or the other in the pouch and carry the other. Got from menards for ten bucks and it will likely last forever.

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a carpenters side pouch I wear on a separate belt for carrying water and large junk and a small bib apron pouch from Clevangers I got with a detector 15 years ago. There are good gardening bib pouches at most garden supply stores that are not too... well... girly ;)

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ace Hardware garden trowel: $0.99
Ace Hardware carpenter apron: $1.99
Total: $2.98

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cant do wrong with that Boatlode :)

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Never use them.. Back in the mid 80's just after the movie Ghostbuster's came out I remember seeing a few guy's metal detecting all dressed up in jump suites metal detecting. Looking just like the guys from the movie... Sure enough the law pulls up.. See my point.

Last edited:

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha. good joke. Reminds me of the "Tornado drills" as a kid in the 80's.. Duck and cover. If you hear, or see a bright flash run into the basement.. Now when I look back It was a fallout shelter for us kids.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This may sound out of the box but......when I was doing a lot of land hunting I finally settled on a safari vest and simply carried my digger in my back pocket. You have to look aorund as there many different styles and even some shooting vest, photographer's vest, fly fishing vest, ect., will work great if you can just find one with enough big pockets that you like. Just food for thought.

pjduff

Mar 3, 2012
Madison, IN
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-x, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use one of the two pocket cotton carpenters aprons like in boatlodes photo above for my trash and keepers, then I just carry my detector in one hand and my digger in the other hand.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fly fishing vest is as good as anything, plenty of pockets.

SS

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the black Garrett bag with green logo. Well made. My pin pointer and Lesch in my hands. Too busy digging LOL

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Black 3 pocket apron - free, daughter used to work at DD! Digging tools and junk in one pocket, goodies in middle pocket, and pin pointer in third pocket.
If your finding a lot of gold you may have to empty the pocket often, gets kinda heavy! (Wish I had that problem!).

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ace Hardware garden trowel: $0.99
Ace Hardware carpenter apron: $1.99
Total: $2.98

IMO Works Good = Only on the Beach ( at least the shovel) . NO Offense

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha. good joke. Reminds me of the "Tornado drills" as a kid in the 80's.. Duck and cover. If you hear, or see a bright flash run into the basement.. Now when I look back It was a fallout shelter for us kids.

I thought if you looked at the flash , you would be blinded'

Oh I use a Work Pouch on the belt it came on but what I carry really depends on the time of the year a the location of the hunt site.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
IMO Works Good = Only on the Beach ( at least the shovel) . NO Offense

True, but I mostly hunt on the beach. I also carry a stainless steel long handled sand scoop ($109, ouch), that only works on the beach. For hunting on turf, I use a curved blade linoleum knife to cut plugs ($3.98 at Ace Hardware).

Last edited:

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the Garrett camo pouch (came with all my stuff) fits good and holds everything. There are less expensive, more expensive and custom made stuff you can get. All depends on your situation, what you will carry and how light you want to travel I guess. Cheers and happy hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread