david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're not in the mood, or you just don't believe that you are going to find anything of interest (or value), you don't approach it with any real energy. You don't pay attention, and you don't dig the extra signals. So, you miss out on too many good targets. Or, you don't even get out of the recliner and go in the first place.

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does it work? Hell yes it works! In every aspect of life it works. Don't ask me how but it does.

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're not in the mood, or you just don't believe that you are going to find anything of interest (or value), you don't approach it with any real energy. You don't pay attention, and you don't dig the extra signals. So, you miss out on too many good targets. Or, you don't even get out of the recliner and go in the first place.

So true, and as probably with many of you, some of my best finds are at the beginning or middle of my hunt. As I start to get tired, my positivity dwindles and I find myself wandering more and choosing not to dig many of the iffy signals, and then later wonder if I missed anything good.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So true, and as probably with many of you, some of my best finds are at the beginning or middle of my hunt. As I start to get tired, my positivity dwindles and I find myself wandering more and choosing not to dig many of the iffy signals, and then later wonder if I missed anything good.

Ain't that the truth.Some days i start out with a bang and end it with a fizzle.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But then there is the ever popular "on the way back to the vehicle find!" Which at times has been Banner!

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Treasure hunters, like fishermen, tend to be optimists.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some detectors are coin vacuums , and some are coin repellers. Both suck.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Your thinking will not affect what's under the coil, nor whether or not the machinery can detect it. The rest of the equation is a matter of self-discipline.

So does positive thinking matter? Maybe, but only if you let it.

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But then there is the ever popular "on the way back to the vehicle find!" Which at times has been Banner!

That actually happened to me once. Not making the banner lol, but was water hunter in a lake one day and wasn't finding much but clad and junk so I decided to call it a day, but kept swinging on the way back to the truck. Not more than 20 feet from the truck I got a signal that yielded a small 10k yellow gold ring! I attribute that to pure luck!

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Positive thinking is always important, especially if you consider the alternative.

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well if you're not thinking positive then why bother even hunting? As Boatlode said, "Treasure hunters, like fishermen, tend to be optimists." I'd agree. Look at Mel Fischer of Atocha fame. His motto and coined saying was "Today is the day!" After many years of dry holes, losing a son, and God knows what other frustrations - he found the motherlode and something like $250 million in gold and silver.
Mel Fisher's Treasures - Historic Shipwreck Recovery

Personal experiences: yes, I will tell myself that if there is a silver coin or colonial coin in the area being hunted - that I'm going to find it today. Sometimes I will even pick out a definite angle and direction to start out detecting in a straight line. I have frequently found a good find (silver or colonial coin) in 50-60 feet in a area being hunted in first 5-10 minutes of hunting. Now when you consider that you have 360 degrees of direction to head off in - that seems like a pretty good result. Can I do this all the time? NO. Is this pure coincidence - I think not. But then I should add that I have some psychic
ability and use that to my fullest advantage. But that's another topic. :)

abbynormal

Sep 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For me, it helps insofar as it gives me courage to ask for that next permission, and the stamina to keep going after 6 or 8 hours out in the hot buggy woods or fields!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread