New GF thinks MDing is silly.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A few friends will get a post card from my hew residence in Tahiti right next to the nude beach.. ......

You do know most of the nude people on nude beaches are old reformed tattooed hippies that have no where else to go, right?

OP
OP
Boatlode

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
A few friends will get a post card from my hew residence in Tahiti right next to the nude beach.. ......

Nice. Don't most of the gals in Tahiti run around half nekkid anyway?

Last edited:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things might change if you found a nice gold ring to give her next time your MD'ing at the beach together.

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck, my girfriend bought me my metal detector as a gift. I'm a lucky guy I guess.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck, my girfriend bought me my metal detector as a gift. I'm a lucky guy I guess.

Not trying to rain on your parade, but......my ex-wife bought me one, a year later we were divorced. She got remarried, "a few weeks later". Just some food for thought. :laughing7:

piper247

Jul 11, 2014
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Pro pointer, Minelab ProSwing 45, Fisher 1280-X, Fisher CZ21, White's Surf PI Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh its gonna happen. Next time she goes with me to the beach. The escudos are already in my Ace Hardware apron.

Sure wish I could be there to see that! :laughing9:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not trying to rain on your parade, but......my ex-wife bought me one, a year later we were divorced. She got remarried, "a few weeks later". Just some food for thought. :laughing7:

Heck, we got the hobby! Whatcha need her for anyway?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember Boatlode, to take the go pro, we want video!....say, how fast can you run?

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Man, sorry to hear that. Must have made you feel lower than whale crap. You just get right back in the game and find yourself a good woman, like I did. Don't despair, they're out there.

piper247

Jul 11, 2014
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Pro pointer, Minelab ProSwing 45, Fisher 1280-X, Fisher CZ21, White's Surf PI Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, sorry to hear that. Must have made you feel lower than whale crap. You just get right back in the game and find yourself a good woman, like I did. Don't despair, they're out there.

Yeah, sure gonna miss her... hey lookie there, is that a gold coin in the hole? :laughing9:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
True story: I knew a guy who was furiously detecting during the whopper storms that hit the CA coast in 1982/83. On one of those days: Valentines Day of 1983, his girlfriend, the day before, had told him how they were going to be doing a bunch of social things on Valentines day (some party or social or making home-made valentines, etc....). Relunctantly my friend had to go along with it.

A few days later he found out that the beach he and his friends had been working, had totally gone off on that valentines day. Every hunter was getting handfuls of silver coins. A gold coin was found, along with several silver dollars. Some of the hunters had simply put down their machines and were hand-shoveling out the pockmarks in the exposed bedrock!

After that, my friend never again let his girlfriends ever again stop him from detecting. In fact, it was till 15 yrs. after that (when he was in his 40's) before he ever settled down to marry anyhow. I suspect because of those searing memories of loss of freedom. So .... it depends on how much you like md'ing. If it's just something you do when "you have nothing else to do", then .... perhaps no big deal. But otherwise, be prepared for friction at times :(

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
buy a ring at a pawn shop or E-bay with a CZ diamond. Then pull that out when beach hunting sometime and give it to her. Make sure it's her ring size. You'll have made a lifetime believer out of her. But later in life if you get married let's face it - no woman wants to be a TH'ers widow, or fisherman's widow, deer hunter's widow, etc. If this is all you want to do in your leisure time - don't get married, stay single! *L*

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about Scoop but as you get older those things matter a lot less! I went through so much heartache and despair in my 20's and 30's that a little peace and solitude can be just as satisfying these days in my 40 something's.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FIRST WIFE HATED IT - EVEN THOUGH WE MET THRU THE HOBBY - HER DAD DID IT
BUT IT BROKE UP HER PARENTS MARRIED - HE WAS ALWAYS GOING OUT AND NEGLECTED HIS WIFE
MY SECOND WIFE - I DID NOT GO OUT AS MUCH SHE WAS INDIFFERENT TO THE HOBBY - FUNNY THING WAS I USED TO SNORKEL ALOT AND TAKE UNDER PICS - SHE TOLD ME
"WHY DONT YOU GET AN UNDERWATER MACHINE SINCE YOU LIKE BEING IN THE WATER SO MUCH?" I DID
AND WENT FROM TH'ing 90% ON LAND AND 10% IN WATER TO - 90% IN THE WATER AND 10% ON LAND
MY CURRENT GIRLFRIEND (OF 17 YRS) - LOVE THAT I TRAVEL ALOT AND GO TO THE BEACH ALOT - SHE IS HAPPY TOO
JUST SITTING ON BEACH READING A BOOK AND SOAKING UP SOME RAYS AND DEPENDING WHERE WE ARE - HAVING A FEW DRINKS IN THE SUN WHILE I DO MY THING - SHE LOVES GETTING TO WEAR ANYTHING I FIND - SHE NORMALLY WEARS AT LEAST 5 RINGS WITH DIAMONDS IVE FOUND
I THINK I'LL KEEP HER

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
I don't have a problem with Pat.. she loves to go to the beach and detect.
We live in TN, we try to get to the ocean once or twice a year.
She has her own detector and scoop.
When I made a scoop for me, she asked.. "But, where's mind!?"
I would say she is probably the only lady in the world with her own titanium beach scoop!?

patty5.jpg

Oh.. she asked if we were still going trout fishing this week... I think I'll keep her!?

IMG_4411.jpg

OP
OP
Boatlode

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Oh.. she asked if we were still going trout fishing this week

You got a keeper there. I bet she cleans and cooks the trout too.

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
You got a keeper there. I bet she cleans and cooks the trout too.

I clean the fish at the stream before we leave..
IMG_4421.JPG
She's a great cook and has no problem cooking fish and hush puppies!

She loves to camp, prospect, and rockhound too...
And she even knows the difference between Virginia Creeper and Ginseng!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions