mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Came upon a car vs motor cycle wreck today. I don't know yet what bikers condition is, but he was unresponsive, & there was a lot of blood.
Do NOT blow a stop sign! It's to easy to miss seeing a bike or even small car.
WEAR a helmet!!
Use blinkers! & most of all, just be aware!! That goes for both motorcycle & auto driver.
I hope he makes it through, but I'd be surprised if he does.
Share the road!!!

Meadow

May 27, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope he's okay. :sad10: It's sad. People just don't think about motorcycles, bicycles, or pedestrians when they ignore stop signs. I live in a residential neighborhood with a lot of trees, and when I'm walking I've learned to be very, very careful crossing side streets, I don't know how many times I've almost been hit. Sorry, it can't have made a nice day for you. :(

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And bicycles and motorcycles frequently disobey traffic signals and are hard to see. They share the road AND the responsibility. Bad motorcyclists are statistically as common as bad car drivers.

I sold my motorcycle (a Suzuki GS650EX) after my second, second chance. Too dangerous in my hands.

Still bicycle a lot but am very cautious of oblivious drivers so I am twice as cautious.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Want to see some idiots on bikes that think theyre invulnerable,just come to MA.

Yep!
I was cut off today by a guy on a mini bike with no plate...I'm driving a F150 4X4, just how fast does he think I can stop! Missed him! Thank God!

I try to drive defensively in this state, it's the only way to stay alive!

All you can do mamabear is pray for the guy, he may make it ok. I have seen a guy on a bike rear end a car and fly over it, then get up and be ok.

piper247

Jul 11, 2014
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Pro pointer, Minelab ProSwing 45, Fisher 1280-X, Fisher CZ21, White's Surf PI Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a long time motorcyclist. Was chapter director for my local chapter of GWRRA for a time. (for those that don't know, it stands for Goldwing Road Riders Association) Suffice it to say there is plenty of blame to go around, we all need to be defensive drivers and watch out for the other guy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread