Stay away from Arizona Outback (AZO) - Minelabs preferred dealer - Give me a break!

Fossil4Life

Jul 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stay away from Arizona Outback (AZO) - Minelab's preferred dealer - Give me a break!

Since I have decided to upgrade from an X-Terra 305 to a 705, I contacted Minelab for help about the 705 as I had a couple of questions about it. Darin, the Minelab representative I spoke to, recommended that I contact Arizona Outback to have those questions answered; apparently Arizona Outback (AZO) is Minelab's preferred dealer.

So anyway, I sent these jokers at AZO several emails over the past week inquiring about the X-Terra 705s they have for sale, where I have been summarily ignored. Lesson learned: If you want to be completely ignored, and blown off, be sure to do business with Arizona Outback (AZO).

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I have decided to upgrade from an X-Terra 305 to a 705, I contacted Minelab for help about the 705 as I had a couple of questions about it. Darin, the Minelab representative I spoke to, recommended that I contact Arizona Outback to have those questions answered; apparently Arizona Outback (AZO) is Minelab's preferred dealer.

So anyway, I sent these jokers at AZO several emails over the past week inquiring about the X-Terra 705s they have for sale, where I have been summarily ignored. Lesson learned: If you want to be completely ignored, and blown off, be sure to do business with Arizona Outback (AZO).
Did you try to call..?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I have always found that a phone call works …. 100% … better than a Email….

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chris Gholson and his crew know more about Minelab machines than I've forgotton. They are the number one dealer in the Country for a reason and partner with my school to teach the GPX and X-Terra machines - Call them!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Emails can end up in spam folders as well as be overlooked/ I missed a hell of a good outdoors bonfire and party because I overlooked the invitation in my inbox due the amount of emails I get...

shepcal

Mar 19, 2003
Oakhurst,CA
Detector(s) used
modded 4500, CTX30-30, Gold Monster1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
snivel to your wife! Call em! Chris and Company know their business and there to make money; doubt if they're ignoring you-

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Chris Gholson and his crew know more about Minelab machines than I've forgotton. They are the number one dealer in the Country for a reason and partner with my school to teach the GPX and X-Terra machines - Call them!

X eleventy billion. Pick up the phone and give them a call. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

romanf

May 10, 2014
Clarksville, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705
Excalibur II 1000
Excalibur II 800
Garrett Recon AML-1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have this issue with many vendors. I am almost deaf, so using a phone does not work well. Why have an email address listed on the website and biz cards if they are not going to monitor it? Also, if I happen to live in Australia for example, do I really want to pay the phone bill to call, then be put on hold, etc? Anyway, my two cents......or shillings....or whatever.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Emails are notorious for ending up in spam folders and blocked by providers

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Chris is one of the nicest people I have ever talked to he is always willing to answer any questions I have asked of him and has always returned my calls when I leave a message if he doesnt answer initially

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I had a business that sold items directly to people, I'd be Damned certain all possible lines of communication worked perferctly; including checking spam folders several times a day. At a minimum.

They may be great folks and even better humans, but if my preferred communication method doesn't work, i'll take my business to someone more compatible to my needs.

When my preferred statin went generic, I emailed the 4 pharmacies in my small town asking for quotes. I heard back from exactly 1 of them- guess who still has all my business to this day.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Three-year-old thread?

Chris is still in business and selling more than ever. He announces on his forum when the office will be closed for holidays, vacation, seminars, whatever. You can't please everyone, and successful people know that. If you want the best deal from one of the most knowledgeable persons in the U.S. selling high-end Minelabs, you do what you need to do.

I have to wonder why the OP never picked up his phone and dialed. :skullflag:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread is going on 3 years old. Never understood why someone doesn't just call when they have an issue with a company.

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TH, I don't think this incident rose to the level of an issue; just more convenient to do business with someone more compatible with his preferred method of communication.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions