Wrighting a wrong diagnosis.

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All
Its been a while since i posted a topic that got any interest.
Its time to stir the pot again :protest:
and this one should be good.

you guys remember the badge i got from what we call badge guy.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/207014-old-badge.html

i came to the conclusion that this was a
King George V Coronation 1911 Medal but what is odd about it is the shape. its shaped like a police badge most others where round. :icon_scratch:

The story about is not mentioned on the page, but i likely told the story on another page, regardless i will repeat it. :laughing7:
In 2006 i landed the boat on a tiny island about 1/2 acer, we where detecting a rock wall when we got a hit, we dug and found a 8 inch dia log , reaching under the log we found the badge, then we found A cross and a Few other things .
What we found next was shocking,:skullflag: we found the owners head and what appears to be the collar of a jacket.
The head had a bullet hole in it So we stopped searching and covered the head, i kept the location a secret and tried to get the badge identified, with no luck, i took the cops to the site and gave them what i found. :icon_thumright: i expected they would contact me and we would take a archeologist to the site to dig it up, i never heard back from them.
7 years later they handed the evidence over to the Indians so they could have a re burial which is the custom of the Canada gov.
:icon_scratch:any bones and atifacts , regardless of the nationality is handed to the indians for reburial.
They had a big ceremony and wrote a article which said (not a direct quote), after a investigation by the police the person was said to be mentally unfit to stand trial for trespassing , theft of human remains and artifacts.
I read the article a few days ago , i was shocked and understandably pissed off, it is very slanderous and wrong. the actions of the cops has even lead to the knowing desicration of a major international heritage site.
Its kind of sad that i found a body of a white man on crown land and tried to get the heritage branch, then the cops to expose it.
AFTER 7 years all i got was a website claiming i am crazy.
This badge would have been given out to a individual likely in Victoria bc Canada in 1911, then the person was taken to the tiny island just 1km from a large Indian village and shot in the head.

i have asked the cops, through freedom of info for the so called investigation report , i look forward to reading the report from the psychiatrist which i never met. :tongue3:
I am going to post the whole story as it un folds for you guys and i would like to clear my name and could use the help in identifying who this murdered man was. Please help me clear my name.
11badgeguy.jpg
hmmm

Last edited:

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
........Or you could put your shirt on backwards and apply for SSI. :D

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you find out thru newspapers from that time period what police officers went missing ?

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can you post the full article that you are referring to on here? They are accusing you of trespassing in the quote that you posted from the article. What is the story behind that?

"after a investigation by the police the person was said to be mentally unfit to stand trial for trespassing , theft of human remains and artifacts."

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I assume that there was more then just the head to be found at this site?

:thumbsup: Exactly, the Indians are trying to hide it. the whole body is still there but the government gave the island to the indian band,. its now indian land and the true story will never be told..

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you post the full article that you are referring to on here? They are accusing you of trespassing in the quote that you posted from the article. What is the story behind that?

"after a investigation by the police the person was said to be mentally unfit to stand trial for trespassing , theft of human remains and artifacts."

If i post the exact words you will just google it and i would rather not expose my self yet..
The trespassing has to do with a part of a jaw and a few teeth we found detecting a old homestead near by. the home stead is on the edge of a reserve and it was assumed by the indians to be part of the adjacent reserve. before i detected the site i looked into who owned the land, the ministry of mines explained to me why it is not reserve. in the 1880's the reserve was created and the homestead was left out of the reserve in respect to the homesteaders who vanished with the murdered indian agent from the local town. The local chief bragged about killing the indian agent, he was arrested but never convicted because they could not find the agent.
i gave the teeth to the authorities in 2006 and they gave them to the Indians in 2012 for reburial even though they came from a old white home stead.
the indians just assume the home stead is reserve because it is on the edge of the reserve, it there eyes canads is theirs as well.
Now that the home stead was given to the indians in a land claim, they say i was trespassing on reserve land in 2006.
it not only pisses me off but has destroyed me reputation and my tour business.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread