Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
it seems like we are in a flash flood at least once a week anymore, over 8 inches the other day and non stop rain since early last night. I have been chomping at the bit to get out and detect, a friend has offered to show me a old home place on the back of his land but now we have to wait for the water to go down... after the rain stops. On the other hand, have cooked a pot roast, made oatmeal cookies and eaten too much while spoiling the 1 1/2 year old grand daughter. At least I get to check out all of the great finds and posts but that tends to get me worked up even more. I know that there are parts of the country that are drying up but this part of Arkansas is definitely not, the dirt roads are washed out, some of the low water bridges need bridges to get to the bridges. Huge sections of pavement have separated and are elsewhere, our gardens have rotted but the locals have a bumper hay crop for two years in a row. the standing water means that the hard packed dirt and clay should be a lot softer to dig for a few days until the hot sun hardens it again so I will have to hammer it hard while I can. so it will be a mud fest but at least it is a easy clean up with the AT GOLD. I hope most of you have had better weather to hunt in... getting fatter in Ark

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll work it off out there finding all the goodies the flood waters uncover!
Our prayers for some dryer weather there in Arkansas!

There was quite a bit of the wet stuff the last 2 weeks in western Mass.
We didn't get that much in our town in SE Mass., we could actually use a little more.
We got all the snow this past winter so maybe we're even.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
the mountain water usually runs off in a day or so, mainly just inconvenient except for the destruction of the roads and crossings. I could go right now but it would be really messy and the land owner wouldn't like it, you would need a four wheel drive to get to my friends place but that would tear of the ground pretty bad. it is what it is, its just boring that's all

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread