Wallet key is a great idea! Saves $ too!

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
when I got my previous car - it came with a wallet key. So I started keeping a car key in my wallet. You don't how many times this has saved me a locksmith fee. The last time i lost my keys was in a corn field. It was just about dark when I realized my keys were missing. There was no way I was going to look for them in the dark. So I pulled out my wallet key and off I went without delay. The next day my wife returned to the field and using my directions of where I thought it was lost - found it in about 10 minutes. The security remote was worth more than the key. So if you still have a real key and not one of those new smart key fobs -think about getting a wallet key made. Saves much aggravation and time when you lose your keys or lock them in the truck etc. Esp. handy when at the seashore or mountains, and discover your keys are missing.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used to carry a spare key in my wallet but my last two cars have had security chips in the key's electronic "heads" and they are too thick to carry in a wallet.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I always have one,but never lost my car keys.Make it a habit,check your pockets for,pocket knife,wallet,car keys at least once every half hour no matter where you are.

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used to carry a spare key in my wallet but my last two cars have had security chips in the key's electronic "heads" and they are too thick to carry in a wallet.

yeah sadly my new car has the same deal - not thrilled about it. When that thing dies - you could be screwed regardless of what they claim in the manual. I'm still going to try and get the physical pop-out real door key made into a wallet key if that is possible. Ah modern technology! *L*

Moresound

Jun 26, 2014
Jaffrey, New Hampshire
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My keys always get put in a hiding place around the car when detecting.
Maybe purchasing one of those plastic rocks with a compartment inside to house your keys. Just place it behind a tree or under the car.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
(Spam quote edited out and janetadams banned)
yeah, you can use the idea for educational purposes or essay if that floats your boat. Having been out of school for a very long time, I cannot help you with the rest of your question.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got one of those hide a keys stuck under the chassis of my truck with the key in it. 5 years now off-roading and still hasn't fallen off. Saved my butt a few times.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend just lost a set of "new smart keys" to his truck. Cost him near $500 for a new set? Insane!
Peace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions