Help with Colorado Laws BML & Forrest Land in South Fork

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use your computer and look up BLM rules and regulations. Same for all areas. Computers are wonderful sources of information.

OP
OP
R

RvPrepper

Feb 9, 2013
Deming,NM
Detector(s) used
White's V3i Had a Fisher as a kid but can't recall which one. Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ghee Thanks...

OP
OP
R

RvPrepper

Feb 9, 2013
Deming,NM
Detector(s) used
White's V3i Had a Fisher as a kid but can't recall which one. Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know I was hoping for A little conversation, guess not. I want my money back.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not so fast ! The suggestion that Lady Pirate gave you is a very good one - and worth a good deal more than the dismissive "gee thanks"

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh yes, the remedy of self help……that is the place to start.
Why rely on somebodies opinion which may, or may not, be right……do yourself a favor and research first what you seek….

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If someone tells you it is okay to hunt a certain area and they are wrong your the person who gets the ticket or loses their equipment. What are you going to say in defense, "I was told on a forum it was legal"?

It is always better to do your own research on local laws..

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Anyone with experience in this area tell where I can or can't go, I really need the help on this.
Thanks very much.:hello2:

As far as BLM land, detecting is not dis-allowed. In fact, there's an express allowance (can't argue with that, eh ? :tongue3: ) This link is for CA, but .... since BLM is federal, I can't see why it would differ in another state:

Metal Detecting, Bureau of Land Management, California

As for the other part of your question "forest land in South Fork", I'm not sure what entity that is. Is that BLM also ? Or some other entity? If it's NFS land, then detecting there is legal as well (let me know if you want the links saying that).

In both case, you're only finding new stuff. So as to steer clear of anything having to do with artifacts, or >50 yr. blah blah

OP
OP
R

RvPrepper

Feb 9, 2013
Deming,NM
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have done a lot of research and my point was missed, I'm sorry but there are post on here that suggest lake's, pond and some creeks my be off limits, really I was just try to get opinions of experienced folks here, apparently I error'ed in my wording or meaning. On a personal note I would never ask for advice and then complain about the advice, I am not like that.
I thought forums were to discuss maybe meet people friends or what ever seems the computer is the best source and I promise to use it better.
Thanks for the info.

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have researched that BLM land is ok to metal detect on, then unless it it posted with signs then go ahead and do it. We have areas that charge to park your vehicle, for the cross country skiers and hikers, so check and see if you need a vehicle pass sticker. Then head out. Bet you didn't think of that huh? That's why we say to research on your computer. Each State may be different for BLM. Some may require vehicle parking pass, some may not, some area's may have protected lands in certain area's, some may not. Your computer is your best answers to your questions. Good Luck.

OP
OP
R

RvPrepper

Feb 9, 2013
Deming,NM
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Compter is my best friend, yes I knew I didn't need a pass for BLM Land. I have coming here for years and I do have the regulations down except like I sated before I read on here somewhere Barck had added water place just was checking I am sorry I was trying to be rude in your reply post. I went in the mnts yesterday but only collected pull tabs. Only thing I dislike about my BH is no depth indicator planning next year to maybe up to the Fisher F5 or Garrett 350.
Thanks for comments.

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember to check those cross country and hiking parking areas. When then pull off the gloves, off comes the rings also. I've found good stuff there! I call it easy dirt fishing!

OP
OP
R

RvPrepper

Feb 9, 2013
Deming,NM
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats great hadn't thought about that, this suggestion is why I want human input, I Pass a place that is or was made just for snow machines. Maybe this week end I will feel like giving it a try. Thanks again. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread