Where the heck are you??? Location is important. Isnt it?

Wheezy

Dec 21, 2006
Jacksonville Florida
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Prizm V
Where the heck are you??? Location is important. Isn't it?

Hello all!
First off thanks for taking the time to read this. I'm big believer in privacy and especially internet privacy, but I think ones location would be important to know when sharing finds and especially when posting to "What's It." I say this with the thought that knowing a general location may help in identifying the odds and ends that are a mystery to the finder as well as the rest of us. What do you think? I myself have no problem with showing a general location in my profile. Thanks again for reading this and happy hunting to all no matter where you may be! :D

oldguypromo

Jan 20, 2007
Re: Where the heck are you??? Location is important. Isn't it?

Hi wheezy,

I think you got it mixed up, it's SIZE thats important. ::) ::)

Seriously, I agree with you that it would be nice to know at least the general area where finds were made, nothing specific, but the general area would be nice.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I agree,when it comes to "whatsits",sometimes where it was found is a very important clue to identifying the object.A person should try to give as many details as possible.This isn't hard to do even if you don't want the actual location posted on the net.A general location will usually suffice.

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Right next to "Down the hall and to the right." ;D ;)

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250

I think it is...I always look at a posters profile to see where they are from... 'course I'm just naturally nosy too...

OP
OP
Wheezy

Wheezy

Dec 21, 2006
Jacksonville Florida
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Prizm V

Okay Gypsy you got me there. I used that space to put in a little "toast to all."
I work in a brewery so I can't help myself. "Here's Tooya" is actually in my garage were the "guys" hang out in sunny Jacksonville Florida. Were all are welcome whether you be a beer drinker or are just thirsty and need a little hydration. The neighborhood rule is "If the garage door is open come one or come all." I only bring this subject up because I was perusing the "what's it's" and felt a little more local info may help.

Wheezy

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hoosier Kingfisher said:
Better yet . Put your location under your avatar like diggummup and I. ;D ;D ;D
My location used to be under my avatar. I didn't move it. I wonder what happened. Hmmmm

goldenrulefarm

Greenie
Mar 20, 2007

Who knowns, Who cares.

I myself live in Bridgeport Connecticut.

Bodyguard

Mar 11, 2007
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
BH Sharpshooter II

2nd star on the right, and straight off 'til morning. That's where I'm from anyway. TH'ing in the northern suburbs of Philadelphia, at the moment though

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread