NorthShoreRich

Tenderfoot
Jul 21, 2014
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum [courtesy of a friend] on loan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is anyone else having a problem with a ridiculous number of pop-up animated/video ads recently?

Seems the last week and a half suddenly they are everywhere! Wondering if it is just me [and my computer has something like malware or something I'm not seeing in my anti-virus] or if this is normal.

Thans.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not seeing any on here, not yet anyway. I was out of town until Sunday and when I returned my PC had been popped. Even through I run AVG and Zone Alarm, I lost my operating system. Kept having to go back to restore points until I found one that worked. Even then, it took two days to get it back to normal again. I read my AVG log from Saturday and it said it had found 800 infections. That must have been when it died.

So, since AVG & Zone Alarm didn't protect me, I switched to Avast and the Windows firewall (that for the time being).

Morale of the story, there's certainly some nasty stuff going on these days....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not seeing them and none have been reported to mods yet...

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I click on a thread, where their name should be on the left, I get ads from Blasteroids, and when I click again I get full page ads. I am about to run a scan on my computer to see if anything is on my end.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I click on a thread, where their name should be on the left, I get ads from Blasteroids, and when I click again I get full page ads. I am about to run a scan on my computer to see if anything is on my end.
When you say click again do you mean different thread links or clicking on the ads..... There are ads on TN but none I have seen like your describing.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't had any problems. I'm running Nortons and Malware Bytes (the full, purchased version) so far doing a good job for me.
luvsdux

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you say click again do you mean different thread links or clicking on the ads..... There are ads on TN but none I have seen like your describing.

When I clicked on "Quick question re pop ups" from NorthShoreRich, an full page ad came up, I had to go backspace to get out. A few places this happened.

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I just clicked "reply" a full page ad came up also.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I just clicked "reply" a full page ad came up also.
Sounds like you have some malware. Need to run a good malware removal program....

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I never have those things happen to me .. The reason i have a …APPLE I MAC .. Those things do not happen on a APPLE..

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Macs arent immune.Theres just more pcs than macs so pcs are the ones targeted.
Never had problems with my Mac .. my grand son has hed his in college for the last 3 years in college and now for 5 years after he got out so that is about 8 years .. And you know what college kids go in to and he still has the same apple and no problems …. You know Red i hear that from some all the time but it is just hearsay to them they never used a Mac .. But they think they know about them...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions