Robotic MD

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I'm waiting for someone to come out with a robotic type metal detector. I envision it as a remote controled type car outfitted with a fully discriminating detector you control via your cell phone. Set it up to go across a beach or field depending on traction options. Hits a programmed target, will automaticly go back and forth over target to verify and alert you of location and VDI number. This would be stored in your phone for later recovery. Since everything is programable, the possibilities are endless. Now that I'm thinking about it, it sounds like something the military might have. Do they? A dry sand beach model could even do recovery. I imagine it would take a pretty long time to pay for it picking up lose change. I guess I will just keep swinging.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Darn! That blows that project. I've been thinking about a detector that was kinda like the Moon rover. It can take rock samples, etc. I thought about a remote controlled or even computerized one that can be turned on and it do it's thang. Several ideas have been mentioned; but this the first time I've heard about one that could dig up the 'find'.
'Course, I've just been thinking about one of these; not planning on making design plans, just an idea. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread