Arrested metal detecting.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's great about your school property being so open. Here is Florida, it's another trespassing violation... It's hard to find places here to go around here sometimes.

So in Florida if all property owner taxpayers pay to support the schools and their agenda, then their not allowed to enter the grounds they supported to MD, play, or use the grounds for their own personal use? So in Florida it's trespassing if homeowners pay taxes to support the schools and then they can't enter the grounds? Or did I miss something here. Is every state this way... you pay but you can't touch?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So in Florida if all property owner taxpayers pay to support the schools and their agenda, then their not allowed to enter the grounds they supported to MD, play, or use the grounds for their own personal use? So in Florida it's trespassing if homeowners pay taxes to support the schools and then they can't enter the grounds? Or did I miss something here. Is every state this way... you pay but you can't touch?
GIB is correct, they are public schools but not public property in Florida. You have to get permission to hunt on them.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must have just been one of those people who have nothing better to do then to worry about what someone else is doing?Cool you went back and found some good stuff,that should have made your evening a little better.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GIB is correct, they are public schools but not public property in Florida. You have to get permission to hunt on them.

I wonder now if Tennessee is this way? Maybe a map of the U.S. color coded with yes and no to hunting schools within state.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I was detecting in the woods next to a public trail, I see a 3 year old kid with his mom point at me and tell his mom something. The woman paused in that spot for 5 minutes while talking on her cellphone (obviously to the cops). The woman walked away with her two young kids, and five mintutes later I see a cop slowly ride down the trail with his police bike, he paused for a few seconds, said something on his handheld radio thing, and then turned around and left. I have read the metal detecting laws, and knew that what I was doing was legal. I detected there for another hour, and nothing happened. I had the police ride by on their bike last year (near a school playground), and said, "Have you found anything good?", and she rode off.

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd probably have done the same thing. Sounds like you have both good and bad luck working for you. Here's to more good luck more often! :occasion14:

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i had a cop question me while detecting, he did the 4th degree on me too, but i gladly complied knowing my record was clean. he then proceeds to tell me that my license is suspended for not paying a speeding fine 4 yrs ago... i then replied " IT BETTER NOT BE" !! ..so after 10mins of me swearing on a stack of bibles i managed to talk him into driving me home where the paperwork for this fine was because he would not let me drive, the letter from the court stated "PAID IN FULL!! i then talked the cop into bringing me back to my car. .. so i kept the letter in my car until the next time the town held traffic court and had them update their records.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great comeback!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i had a cop question me while detecting, he did the 4th degree on me too, but i gladly complied knowing my record was clean. he then proceeds to tell me that my license is suspended for not paying a speeding fine 4 yrs ago... i then replied " IT BETTER NOT BE" !! ..so after 10mins of me swearing on a stack of bibles i managed to talk him into driving me home where the paperwork for this fine was because he would not let me drive, the letter from the court stated "PAID IN FULL!! i then talked the cop into bringing me back to my car. .. so i kept the letter in my car until the next time the town held traffic court and had them update their records.

It Seems you had a Very Nice Police Officer There.

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those red states require only u.s citizens to show an i.d,if its an illegal,excuse me i mean undocumented alien you can't ask for an i.d because the cop would be racial profiling..

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not only is this incorrect, but the perpetuation of this myth contributes to the growth of the police state.
Recheck your information. In Arizona you DO NOT have to present an ID unless you're the operator of a motor vehicle. If you're a passenger in the motor vehicle you don't have to ID. Have been through this several times, and have been told this by Phoenix & Glendale PD. I usually do this just to mess with them. The look on their faces when they get my creds back on the MDT & the instant change from you're scum attitude to Sir this Sir that is worth the hassle. Also, they will detain you, not arrest you if you have no outstanding warrants. In Phoenix the way to speed things up is to refuse to answer ANY questions then respond to any further questions with "I want to speak with the watch commander now" With the lack of manpower etc. They'll cut you loose in a hurry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread