Next closest detctor to a garrett Ace 250

gregl01

Apr 19, 2005
land of the free-taxed to death
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Nokta Fors CoRe
I don't think there is a detector with as many features for the money. The pinpoint feature is hard to figure out but once you do, its a snap. Go to garretts website, they have some help there for ya'. The easiest way I've found is to hold the button and then X the target, where the bars are fullest is the target. Good luck and don't give up, the ACE is a great machine.
Greg

Casull

Jan 17, 2007
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
I also was having trouble pinpointing with my ACE. I went ahead and ordered the Sniper coil as I was told it pinpoints to the center of the coil (like my old Garrett detector). In the meantime, I've had the ACE out four times, and I noted that by the last time, I was starting to get the hang of pinpointing. Not perfect with it yet, but I was able to put away my trowel and go back to using a probe and screwdriver (the way I did it years ago). The Sniper coil also arrived a couple of days ago, but I haven't had a chance to use it yet (but am definitely going to). I say stick with the ACE. The pinpointing will come pretty quickly, and it is a great little machine.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like we all have a bit of trouble at the begining finding the "sweetspot" on the ace....but once you find it..it won't let you down. My buddy owns a Tesoro Tejon and if he starts digging a hole to China he hollers for me to come pinpoint it for him..lol Usually abt 2" down 5" from where he was digging. Stick with it...and HH

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A

absalon

White's Prizm II or III

Very light, dead-on pinpointing, good battery life.

Just my 2 memorials worth.

Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread