Pinpointer ------> go get one

la9

Mar 25, 2007
Last week I was asking about a pinpointer, Today I got my White's Bullseye in the mail and I won't leave home without it. It makes hunting a heck of alot easier, plus I don't tear up the turf as much searching for the bounty.

If you are thinking about getting a pinpointer, do it.

Dig a plug and wave it in the hole and if it's not there, wave around the plug and find out where it is.

I'm surprised how many tiny things I found.

No more filling the hole back in without figuring out what was there.

Plus it is quicker finding the prize.

I highly recommend pinpointers from now on........................

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Did you get the Bullseye or the Bullseye II? I got the original Bullseye literally just weeks before the II came out. Oh well...

But I do agree..........I keep mine with my DFX....where one goes, the other goes, too.
--Mel

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont hunt land without one, it makes finding target so much quicker and easier, I just ordered the Vibraprobe 560 for my beach hunting.

OP
OP
L

la9

Mar 25, 2007
I got the Bullseye 140

Was going to get the Vibraprobe but I got it the whites for a decent price.

Has anyone tried a little wizard ???? They are 16.99 at Rockler. You can find them at wood working stores for finding nails. So if you are just thinking about getting at least try that. I was going to get one and see if I could take it apart and make a wand out of it.

So there is no excuse not to get one.

It solves all those mysteries about why is my detector going off and I can't find it because it is an 1/8" by 1/8" piece of aluminum can.

WOW, I've had my detector for a couple years and never really used it too much but this year I seem to have GOLD FEVER !!!!!! All I think about is going hunting.

I hope you all find something valuable this year !!!!!!!!

A

absalon

I recently bought the vibraprobe 560 from another forum user and I love it. Waterproof and sturdy. Good range and will hold up better that the Bullseye model that has a lot of issues with the button going bad.

I agree that having a probe has increased my number of finds and decreased the amount of digging that I have to do. Hard to imagine how I got along without it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also just picked up the vibraprobe 560 from a user on TN. Got it for $80 delivered to my house, and looks brand new.

I have two Bullseye 140's, one that I have been using for the land hunts, and 1 have not used. I just broke the belt clip on the back of one of the one I use hanging it on my belt >:(, whick exposes the electronics to the elements. I have sealed it, but I never thought of it breaking there where the belt clip screws to the unit.

I am looking forward to using the vibraprobe on my beach hunting to speed up my search. Faster searching, means more time spent finding other targets.

OP
OP
L

la9

Mar 25, 2007
Good range and will hold up better that the Bullseye model that has a lot of issues with the button going bad.

Don't be hating on what I just bought.......................................

AeroMike

Apr 5, 2007
SE Area of Nevada
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites MXT, Tesoro Tejon
I have a Bullseye PP and I love it. A friend has the same one except his makes a noise and mine vibrates. I really like how I can set the sensitivity to it too.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may sell my other Bullseye 140, I can't see having 3 pinpointers now. I will keep the vibraprobe, and the Bullseye I broke, I can repair it for my personal use.

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
AeroMike,
Check the instructions. You can change it from vibrate to noise....at least on the one I have you can.
--Mel

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70
Last week I went out without my pinpointer, it was a long hunt without it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread