I want to ask?

kneedpnholes

Sep 17, 2005
Eastman, Ga.
I have limited funds so is an ace 250 a good way to go to find the good stuff? I bought a cheapy bounty hunter but it doesn`t work as it should. I have alot of really old homesites that I can search plus 2 old schools. The best is an old bath site!........at the turn of the century the people who had money would come here to soak away their ills!.......no telling what I might find!............thanks!.hugs!

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
If I were you I would wait and save my money for a high end detector, From what you are describing you are probably going to have to go deep and have some type good discrimination-especially iron mask. I think if you get the Ace you will quickly become frustrated and probably give it up. Check around for a used EX-2, learn how to use it and then you should have a good shot in getting some really great finds. .02
HH

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 250 seems like a Great machine to start out with.

I say go for it.

You can always upgrade later.

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
You don't need a top of the line detector to find stuff, but you WILL need manual ground balance and a good machine if you have bad, irony ground. If you have nuetral soil, an ACE 250 will do just fine. Most stuff sinks to the clay layer and stays there forever until someone finds it.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love mine and it was great to break the ice with and to pick up and take to a tot lot and so forth. I soon bought the sniper and the larger pro coils. They are super and the coils do make a difference.

Now that said, my thrist for greater things won out and I upgraded, skipping a few inbetween I got the 2500 package and the 2 box. I intend to use this thing until I wear it out. It had features I needed.

depth, manual ground balance, salt elimination, target size, and a lot more I haven't even gotten into yet. Point is if you are just getting started and want a great machine until you get your feet wet. The ace is the way to go. Or if you just want to go out and hunt on weekends in your spare time and you are not searching for a certain prize you can't beat the ace for the price. If you are hooked already and need certain features, then hold out and find a different one.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
You might have problems with the bath site. ??? I don't know how it would react around the highly mineralized springs. :-\ Otherwise, the 250 should do you OK. JMO

OP
OP
kneedpnholes

kneedpnholes

Sep 17, 2005
Eastman, Ga.
There is alot of clay where I live so what am I to do?........normally it is close to the surface. I have dug targets where they are under the dirt but laying on top of the clay and the detector gives very conflicting signals. Remember that I am using a cheapy model of dectot tho. A $100 bounty hunter....Thanks!

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
Any brand detector that costs $ 100.00 is a cheapy in my opinion . I bought a bounty hunter time ranger . It is light weight , very well balanced & does a very good job for a detector in it's price range . I bought an ace 250 for my wife because of all the rave & I guess for $ 200.00 it's allright but I am not impressed with it for an overall detector . I think you could do a lot better for a little more money . I'm going to buy the wife a time ranger & stick the ace in the closet for a back up . Just my opinion . HH

Stacylee926

Dec 29, 2006
Portsmouth, VA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Discovery 1100
I had a cheapy BH too that I got for Xmas. Loved the hobby so I upgraded to the ACE250.
I do love it!! My clad take has probably quadrupled since I have been using it. I also found a diamond pendant!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread