Platnium wedding ring a 1st for me!

ticklinivory365

Greenie
Aug 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does the stamp FA mean? This is my first platnium find I'm super excited A. because I needed a new wedding band since I lost my last one and B. Its always fun to find something like this. The ring weighs in at 8.5 grams and I really like the hammered look. I'm new to the forum and semi new to the wonderful world of precious metals. What do you experts think about my exciting (well to me anyways) find? uploadfromtaptalk1408507968874.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1408507985363.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1408507998173.jpg

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find!!! I've only found one platinum wedding band in over 10 yrs of detecting. It was in the sand area in a park by the swing set.
As far as the "FA" stamped on your ring, I think that stands for "Friggin' Awesome" :occasion14:
Congrats,
MM

OP
OP
T

ticklinivory365

Greenie
Aug 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found my ring in sand as well not by swings but by the bigtoy or whatever they are called these days. I found out that the stamp isn't FA its FG Frederick Goldmans makers mark.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
wow that is sweet and it fits as well... awesome! congrats on the ring find! still looking for one for myself

OP
OP
T

ticklinivory365

Greenie
Aug 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it fits on my right hand ring finger it's a little big on my left I need to get it sized down so I can where it on my left.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any possibility of finding the person that lost this ring? F.A. may be initials?
Peace

OP
OP
T

ticklinivory365

Greenie
Aug 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FA is the makers mark I don't know how to go about finding the owner besides letting the local authorities know. I live in a city of 7 million.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FA is the makers mark I don't know how to go about finding the owner besides letting the local authorities know. I live in a city of 7 million.
Congrats on a great find...Im still looking for my first plat...no name inside, its yours.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one beautiful, and expensive ring. How great that it fits you too.

OP
OP
T

ticklinivory365

Greenie
Aug 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it kinda of fits me ....its a little big for my left hand ring finger my right its pretty good but I am going to have to get it sized.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much does the ring weigh ? Weight of the platinum will give you an idea of a value. :thumbsup:

Keep @ it and HH!! :hello2:

OP
OP
T

ticklinivory365

Greenie
Aug 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much does the ring weigh ? Weight of the platinum will give you an idea of a value. :thumbsup:

Keep @ it and HH!! :hello2:
It weights 8.5 grams I think it is worth like $350 melt .....but I found the ring on the zales website and it sold for $1999.99 new. It might as well be new it looks so good. Well @ least I don't have to spend 2 G's on a new ring. Haha I'm stoked ☺ uploadfromtaptalk1408911821153.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions