Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Off Road + Town 2014 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER what I'm thinking

Some of you had good comments for a SUV for off road detecting, prospecting in Colorado. I did research them and they are all great choices. I have had more TOYOTA vehicles than other brands mostly because they are reliable and have wide networks of repair shops and dealers.

TOYOTA LAND CRUISER is the top selection on my fantasy list. Ford, GM, Jeep and Chrysler have their own problems that never seem to get resolved so aren't at the top of my list.

At my age and the open spaces and high country I need reliability first. And "if" I can afford a LAND CRUISER gas mileage is not a problem. Just where to go... Most trips ~500-1000 miles or so. Wyoming, New Mexico, South Dakota, Miracle Mile fishing oh yeah.. maybe guided float trip with real guides. Ever have a chance to go on one?

Wait there are also GUIDED GOLD DETECTING TRIPS... Arizona I think. May I need a small camper too? Little Air Stream would be nice. And a sat-dish. Long as I'm picking my dream SUV why not. That is where my head is now. Not braggin just putting 'dibs" on one. You get your own....
BB

2014 Land Rover.jpg

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wise choice my friend! Like i said, any vehicle will get you into trouble, a toyota will get you out of it. Mike

OP
OP
B

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now I'm thinking about what detectors to take... whatever the prospecting guide uses is fine with me. More likely to need one of those new tiny cameras. To document trips and finds to share around the campfire. On the widescreen monitor in my camper. Or outdoors..

Also a good sat-nav system and my favorite Google Earth. I have found hundreds if not more remote detecting spots. Old foundation, wagon tracks, Indian Springs, plus every treasure legend I've dreamed about finding.

On a hot streak now... a unmanned flying jobbo! Absolutely. What's on the other side of that hill or wash? Worth seeing? If the UFVs have GPS then a guy, me, could fly them over the foundations I saw on Google. Worth the walk or climb in?

WELLS FARGO STAGE STOPS..have a cookie cutter foundation layout. Basically the same footprint everywhere. I have a drawing somewhere and they shape is unusual and easy to spot. I love reading maps and terrain. Of the 350 or so agricultural ghost towns in Colo, maost are hard to find. And once found usually very hard to access. You know.. an ATV or two would help a lot in the high plains. Every ghost town had access roads so traces may still be visible. Two miles through a dry gulch.. not possible on foot now... ATVs for sure. And a trailer. Add to the list.

THIS is what arm-chair detecting is all about. In the end probably expensive! Hey it's my dream.
BB

OP
OP
B

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe at my imaginary ranch this would be good. Comfort and room are needed for self and passengers. So bigger is better ...
Thanks
BB
I agree, my fj has no room at all! The land cruiser is very well suited for what you plan on doing.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet rig brother, that things awesome. Is that a 3 or six inch? If a three what size tires and did you need the body mount chop? I'm about to either get the old man emu heavy, or the toytec lift
I wish! I just copy the pic off the net, to show what can be done to those. I have an 1988 ford F-350...beat to hell..

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish! I just copy the pic off the net, to show what can be done to those. I have an 1988 ford F-350...beat to hell..
Their called battle scars! 88'350, shoot, I'd get outta your way I'm a heartbeat.

sodacan

Aug 24, 2014
North FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a GEO tracker 4x4 /automatic. Has never broke down or gotten stuck.- small enough to drive on fire breaks and ATV trails too. They are inexpensive and easy to maintain.

markbxr400

Tenderfoot
Aug 15, 2014
Lower Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's my detecting vehicle. 2012 Rubicon, 37's/beadlocks, full cage, skids, the works.

Attachments

• IMG_1471.JPG
    IMG_1471.JPG
    815.4 KB · Views: 64

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions