Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the information anyone could ever desire is at the tip of your fingers. If a person is capable of posting to Tnet, then they are capable of researching enough info to avoid a situation like this.

The OP has no one to blame but himself and I certainly don't see why USPS is being dragged into this?

IMO, this thread should be deleted until there is some sort of actual proof that fraudulent activity has been committed.
A little harsh don't you think...we all make mistakes, yes, even you.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
non charter members aren't supposed to buy either

as far as dissing the USPS, take your stuff to fedups or whatever and pay for the privelege.

although 75 smackers is a lot of money to a lot of people, it costs more to get the best service (that's why those upper income people never post things like this:occasion14:)

Non Charter members can Buy everything here.

however they are not supposed to sell

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

as far as dissing the USPS, take your stuff to fedups or whatever and pay for the privelege.

although 75 smackers is a lot of money to a lot of people, it costs more to get the best service (that's why those upper income people never post things like this:occasion14:)
Not sure what you mean by the uoer income thing but many times FedEx is WAY cheaper than USPS on heavy packages...

sent from a potato...

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I counted at least 12 posts prior to mine that basically said the same thing (just maybe not as bluntly).
Straw that broke the camels back? :dontknow:...we aint mad at ya. :icon_thumright:

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Well, since I'm from Kentucky AND work for the USPS.....this item weighs too much to be sent first class. It would either be Priority or Parcel Post, ironically those classes of service cost the same these days, why anyone would ship Parcel Post is beyond me. All packages and flats get free USPS tracking free of charge these days, a scannable bar code sticker is placed on every piece and the tracking number is printed on the receipt. It's not delivery or signature confirmation but it is basic tracking. It's a free service so don't get your panties in a wad when the scans don't show up on the USPS tracker. From the postal side of this issue, let me know if I can be of service....if the package originated in Kentucky, I can help.

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you don't get your coil or money back by Wednesday 9/3, send me a PM with a name and address - I'll send you a check for $45, if no one offers to pick up the other $30 I will send you the full $75

This is indeed a generous gesture. Hopefully the seller will weigh in on this and then you will know both sides of the story. Otherwise the OP might get the coil AND your 75 dollars. I am not trying to call the OP's honesty into question, but unless you hear from both sides you can't be sure whether the buyer got his coil or not.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

Oh yes they do i know a lot of upper income people …. And they have had problems with USPS…UPS & FedX …. Don't knock the working man..

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i hope you get your coil,but if not there are a ton of people here that will make sure you do not get ripped off i think.i was the same way at your age,but you have to wait on good deals sometimes.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You should have gotten a sniper coil instead.

AuSomeness

Aug 12, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man it has only been 5 days and you are already calling .. fraud .. I hope none on here buys off my ebay ...

Actually, I was not calling it fraudulent. I was simply providing some info to the OP since they felt this was a fraudulent transaction. Note my final comments about life getting in the way ...

OP
OP
blong10

blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD2, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Garrett AT PRO,
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't get your coil or money back by Wednesday 9/3, send me a PM with a name and address - I'll send you a check for $45, if no one offers to pick up the other $30 I will send you the full $75

Wow thanks man I still did not get it

OP
OP
blong10

blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still did not get it

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Still did not get it
Well i ordered a pair of running shoes from A legit company ..Sportsmans Guide … on 08/22/14 and i have not got them yet .. But i am pretty sure they will get here some day… So that is all i can tell you sometimes mail order can be slow.. they said they shipped them on 08/25/14…It's a waiting game that USPS..UPS & Fedx plays with us .. They sit back and laugh and watch us burn….:laughing9::censored::censored:

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ordered some silver wire from amazon, 2 day, prime member. After a week of checking the status on UPS (it kept saying out of delivery) I contacted Amazon and they provided a full refund. 2 months later low and behold the box showed up. Maybe it slipped and got tucked away in the back of a truck or something, who knows.

My point is, without a tracking number or any response from the seller it's hard to know what is happening.

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
Well i ordered a pair of running shoes from A legit company ..Sportsmans Guide … on 08/22/14 and i have not got them yet .. But i am pretty sure they will get here some day… So that is all i can tell you sometimes mail order can be slow.. they said they shipped them on 08/25/14…It's a waiting game that USPS..UPS & Fedx plays with us .. They sit back and laugh and watch us burn….:laughing9::censored::censored:

I had a similar experience with them (SG). You can check your order status on their site and use the link to your tracking number.

In my case they didn't ship it for several days. Ordered 8/20, and it didn't show up at USPS until 8/23 (two days after they claimed to have shipped it), then started its journey to me. I think this has something to do with their combined 'FEDEX, SMARTPOST' thing.

You will notice that they don't give you the complete USPS tracking number (mine was missing the first 2 digits) so you can't see how it is progressing. Plug their number into USPS and it comes back not found. Only after the package finally arrived and I used the complete number could I see the actual timing of things.

My missing digits were 92, which might be common to their shipping locations, so try appending them on the tracking number you see at SG, and stick that into USPS as see what happens. :)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a similar experience with them (SG). You can check your order status on their site and use the link to your tracking number.

In my case they didn't ship it for several days. Ordered 8/20, and it didn't show up at USPS until 8/23 (two days after they claimed to have shipped it), then started its journey to me. I think this has something to do with their combined 'FEDEX, SMARTPOST' thing.

You will notice that they don't give you the complete USPS tracking number (mine was missing the first 2 digits) so you can't see how it is progressing. Plug their number into USPS and it comes back not found. Only after the package finally arrived and I used the complete number could I see the actual timing of things.

My missing digits were 92, which might be common to their shipping locations, so try appending them on the tracking number you see at SG, and stick that into USPS as see what happens. :)

If it's a 2 Didget # just try everything from 11 to 99

if it still don't work you know it must be between oo & 10:laughing7:

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
If it's a 2 Didget # just try everything from 11 to 99

if it still don't work you know it must be between oo & 10:laughing7:

I'd go with 92. I just checked and all the packages I have sent recently start with the same 2 digits (mine are different from theirs) Must be about their location. Anybody else have an SG package to confirm?

I looked at their html and couldn't find the tracking number in their tracking pages. They do have some interesting coder notes about things they need to fix :D

OP
OP
blong10

blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just checked the mail today and nothing