blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD2, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Garrett AT PRO,
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I got scammed on here out of $75 and here's how. I was looking for a Garrett At Pro 5x8 coil and I got a response from KentuckyDiggin saying he has one

It turns out the picture he provided that he says was from his computer of the coil was a actually a picture he got off of eBay. Now I am 19 years old and I basically lost all my money because of this guy. He also won't respond to any messages.

I opened up a unauthorized charge on my PayPal account which I don't know if that is the right option to get my money back or not so could any one tell me how to get my money back. Also I did not send it as a gift. I paid from my bank hooked to PayPal Website.

Proof here

His so called coil he owns http://i57.tinypic.com/2m7ufde.jpg

The one on ebay. http://m.ebay.com/itm/111446123013?nav=SEARCH

More proof

http://i62.tinypic.com/5zp0co.jpg

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this unfortunately is why we say do not buy from anyone who is not a charter member.

I have PM'd KentuckyDiggin . http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/21358.html
If no response within 48 Hours his name & IP's used will be spread throughout the
TreasureHunting Forums Community.

and he will be banned

So hopefully this is a Misunderstanding.

But if someone here can explain the correct process to stop or refund payment at paypal
please help blong10 !

Thank you

Last edited:
OP
OP
blong10

blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Jeff. I just don't understand how the pictures are exactly the same which Is why I think I got scammed and no responses from him after payment.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Jeff. I just don't understand how the pictures are exactly the same which Is why I think I got scammed and no responses from him after payment.

I agree the picture belongs to one of them, or perhaps a 3rd. party

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe he just used that picture or he had it on Ebay for sale...how long has it been since you paid him? Hope you get your coil.

OP
OP
blong10

blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I paid him Friday August 15. The picture is from a guy from Missouri. He wont respond to any emails or even provide a tracking number. I live in new castle pa he lives in Kentucky so maybe a 400 miles it been 4 days I don't think it coming

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I paid him Friday August 15. The picture is from a guy from Missouri. He wont respond to any emails or even provide a tracking number. I live in new castle pa he lives in Kentucky so maybe a 400 miles it been 4 days I don't think it coming

did he say he Shipped Friday ? if he did today is 3 24 hour periods, if you don't count Fri & Sat.

which most don't.

If for some reason he sent it Monday friday would be 4 24 hour periods.

I'm Still hoping

OP
OP
blong10

blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He said he sent it Saturday my bad I know its been 3 days then. Once I saw that pic of the one on ebay it scared me and maybe I jump to a conclusion to fast me being the 19 year old kid I felt betrayed and taken advantage of. I still don't know why he wont email me back or anything that another reason I got suspicious because after payment it all went silent

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes I get nervous too & I'm 59 :laughing7:

he may be away for work during the week.

If he sent it out saturday,
it probably didn't start moving officially till Monday
making today maybe even the 2nd. 24 Hour period.

Again If it don't come Friday let Me/us know & we'll see what fruther action we can take.

probably still good to keep payment on hold if possible till it arrives.
of course if it does, Be sure he gets his Payment so your OK with us :tongue3:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He hasn't made a post on here in over two years. Hopefully he just hasn't seen your messages...let us know how this turns out.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And don't hook a bank account to PayPal. I use it but just via my credit card (which I have to approve every time and can still challenge afterwards). You should never enter you bank account into a computer. I trust PayPal as much as any but not enough to do that.

And I was a City Comptroller and am pretty versed in finance. Anything you do for your own convenience makes it several times more convenient for thieves.

OP
OP
blong10

blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did the unauthorized payment and they said it could take up to one week to decide a ruling. I will talk to them tonight and let them know to give the guy until friday and then if still not here to reinstate the unauthorized payment. I hope this guy is not lying. I hope its just a misunderstanding. I will let you know by Friday if anything happens or not

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a tracking # could answer everything hopefully he can supply one tonight yet

I have dropped a package off at a UPS drop on a Friday & it didn't move from the Drop off point till the following Tuesday according to Tracking so UPS is not
totally on time

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
If the Coil does not arrive within a few days or your' money is not refunded, then file a Report with local Law Enforcement and give them copies of any and all evidence. You can also contact the FBI but since it is only $75, it is doubtful that they will look into it. This is Internet Fraud plain and simple and punishable by either Fine, Jail time or both!

Frank

Last edited:
OP
OP
blong10

blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only thing that worries me is the same exact pictures if you look at them closely the one is just turned different. And in the one email I told him to supply me with a tracking number and he said he forgot and he was going to call them that was Saturday and still not one email

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO This Guy Should Still Be In Touch With The OP No matter What.

Hope Everything turns out well.

The Waiting Would Drive me Batty.

Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the Coil does not arrive within a few days or your' money is not refunded, then file a Report with local Law Enforcement and give them copies of any and all evidence. You can also contact the FBI but since it is only $400, it is doubtful that they will look into it. This is Internet Fraud plain and simple and punishable by either Fine, Jail time or both!

Frank

$400 ???

OP
OP
blong10

blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was $75

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only thing that worries me is the same exact pictures if you look at them closely the one is just turned different. And in the one email I told him to supply me with a tracking number and he said he forgot and he was going to call them that was Saturday and still not one email

the thing is IF he shipped UPS the Tracking # should be on his Receipt .
Perhaps he is not aware of that

if he shipped USPS he probably didn't get one as USPS Charges extra for tracking

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread