Newbe want advise on new Detector

S

syclone0252

Ok, I have decided I want to buy a MD and start looking around here in Arkansas
I have searched the forum as best I could since I cant use the search feature without paying 20.00
it seems the Ace 250 is popular, but I would like a little more, so what the next step up in price range? $400-600

I am looking at the Garrett GTAx 550,,, anybody know anything about this one compared to an Ace 250? please help I am really anxious!!! oh yeah I will be looking for everything coins/gold etc

James Sanders

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
Hi james and welcome to TNet. I am sure I can help you find what you're looking for. The next level is exactly where you stated ; 400 to 600. The 550 is almost like a super Ace250. I feel there are better detectors out there but the 550 is a good one too. WHy not give me a call and see what I can do for you.
Thanks
TonyinCT
860-623-1153
www.tcmetaldetectors.com

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tony is right....The Pro just has a few extras...not a different Detector....and if I had known tony when i bought mine, I would have bought from him....Never met you Tony but I see your posts and if I get another one, I will call on you.

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
Tony , can you beat kellyco prices ? The pinpointer they give away has to be worth at least 60 bucks . The free headphones , digger ect aren't worth bothering with although for someone on a tight buget it could make a difference .

W6PEA

Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, Mexifornia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Gt, Minelab SD2200v2, Minelab ExlporerSE Pro 2
syclone0252 said:
I have searched the forum as best I could since I cant use the search feature without paying 20.00
it seems the Ace 250 is popular, but I would like a little more, so what the next step up in price range? $400-600

I am looking at the Garrett GTAx 550,,, anybody know anything about this one compared to an Ace 250? please help I am really anxious!!! oh yeah I will be looking for everything coins/gold etc

James Sanders
SC_hunter said:
Tony is right....The Pro just has a few extras...not a different Detector....and if I had known tony when i bought mine, I would have bought from him....Never met you Tony but I see your posts and if I get another one, I will call on you.

Call Tony!

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
Prices on detectors are basically set for all dealers by the manufacturer per contract with them. All of us are the same there. Accessories are negotiable. The pinpointer they give away comes form China and wholesales for under 10.00. The detectors made specifically for them are ones they can change the price on but no one else has them. The prices on some of them are way over what they cost and others like the Predator models are made by Garrett but are just their old Ace series which are now listed at more retail price than the originals were.

W6PEA

Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, Mexifornia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Gt, Minelab SD2200v2, Minelab ExlporerSE Pro 2
syclone0252 said:

James Sanders
TonyinCT said:
Prices on detectors are basically set for all dealers by the manufacturer per contract with them. All of us are the same there. Accessories are negotiable. The pinpointer they give away comes form China and wholesales for under 10.00. The detectors made specifically for them are ones they can change the price on but no one else has them. The prices on some of them are way over what they cost and others like the Predator models are made by Garrett but are just their old Ace series which are now listed at more retail price than the originals were.

Bottom Line is and I am not employeed by Tony and I do not know other than to talk to him on the Telephone....Buy from Tony in CT.

I called Kellyco and they acted like they were doing me a favor just to talk to me on the telephone.

Tony on the other hand I would venture to say he will be there to help you, and He will give you the best deal that he can and it will be a fair price.

And I think that Tony will stand behind anything he says to you.

I have not been paid to say this and I have not been bought anything from him.
That's my thoughts on it only you can make that final decision. I do feel that if you deal with Tony you will not be sorry.

Pat

Attachments

• marines.gif
    marines.gif
    15.2 KB · Views: 95
  • yhst-16189257583116_1939_1058.jpg
    yhst-16189257583116_1939_1058.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 82
  • marines.gif
    marines.gif
    15.2 KB · Views: 99
  • yhst-16189257583116_1939_1058.jpg