Indiana
Detector(s) used
Had: Tesoro Silver Umax.
Teknetics Omega 8000,
Minelab Equinox 600

Have: Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a Eurotek Pro and I like it a lot. I got it 3 weeks ago and have already found 3 wheat pennies and a 1964 silver dime. Im wondering what upgrade I should save up for. I was thinking an AT Pro. I want one that goes deeper, has better target ID and more useful features and be very reliable and something I wont feel the need to upgrade. I don't want to spend more than $800.

I greatly appreciate all the help.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots to choose from there. Still a hundred or two from the Teknetics T2 SE or the Fisher F75, but the F70 is an awesome detector from what my own research is telling me. The Garrett AT Pro is one of the most popular detectors out there and is also waterproof which adds a great deal of diversity to the types of hunting you can do. The Tesoro's are rock solid machines, and the list goes on. The biggest question will be the type of hunting you are doing and your own preferences. The ergonomics are a little off on the AT Pro for my personal liking and the Teknetic's and Fisher machines are a bit more "chatty" than the Tesoro machines. The most popular of the Tesoro machines are "beep and dig" without a VDI. The best thing you can do in my opinion is research. Lots of good videos on YouTube showing the set up and use on most popular machines. Most of us seem to be VERY brand and model loyal, so remember that when others give their opinion. Though I do not own either machine, I will cast my vote for the Fisher F70 or the Garrett AT Pro based on your budget. Don't cull the idea of a used machine purchased from a reputable source. Best of luck.

OP
OP
Dan1033

Dan1033

Jun 10, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000,
Minelab Equinox 600

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The F70 looks really good, im tired of MDs that seem cheap and beginner. Thanks TNGUNS there are so many to choose from and I dont have time to research every metal detector. The soil where I live is very mild will ground balance give me more depth? Anyone reading this use a F70 how do you like it?

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dan1033
The Teknetics and Fisher machines are all fine ...i`v owned them all F70 T2 F75.Whites,Minelab,Garrett
The Eurotek Pro is a great machine i found 22 large cents this year alone.... 1 a 1796 Liberty Cap and 1771 Spanish 1/2 Reale...it`s a great relic machine too!
Respectfully i say to you Some think they need to upgrade their machine ...i say upgrade your research/maps/leads....i`m in the local liberys often and have never met another MDer in 40 years in the Research Department .
My brother helps out at a retirement center...gold mine of info... as are barber shops old coots like my self can be found there reliving the old days.
Water machine should be next so the AT Pro is logical .
HH Gary

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What coil are you swinging? The 8" concentric or the double D? If you have the 8" you might want to just go for the double D coil. It will give you another inch or 2 in scanning depth. I swing a Fisher F4 with a double D, and love it. To find silver you need to find places "private property" with permission and it will increase your chances of finding older coins and silver.

OP
OP
Dan1033

Dan1033

Jun 10, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000,
Minelab Equinox 600

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Near where I live there is a big park that was founded in 1910 and a very old school that still has pictures of classes from 1918. I haven't went to either yet but ive heard from another MDer that the park has lots of late 1800 and early 1900 coins so I dont really have a problem with finding a place. My own yard is a good place to MD ive found 2 silver dimes, a 1827 large cent and 2 IH pennies.
I want to upgrade to a metal detector that will find deeper coins around 6-9 inches. All my previous metal detectors went 0-4'' and my ETP gives a quiet beep on anything 6-7''. I only metal detect in a few places that are nearly hunted out and I don't have time to go to other places so I don't want a metal detector that will miss a lot of deep coins and coins that are near iron.
I use the 8'' Concentric coil and I don't feel that its worth it to pay $150 for the DD I can almost buy the ETP again for that much. I think I will get the Fisher F70.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dan1033

Dan1033

Jun 10, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000,
Minelab Equinox 600

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im thinking about getting an AT Pro now. There is a lot of iron nails and trash where I MD and ATP is supposed to be able to handle it better then F70.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread