P

pacecapital

Jul 14, 2014
Oneida New York
Detector(s) used
ETRAC, Garrett 2500, Garrett Pro, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
send me your address by p.m. it will take couple weeks...

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my protection :dontknow:

P9040205.JPG

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey Tnmountains! that looks like it does the job!!
Marine type Silicone??
I've seriously been thinking about doing that to mine, which is a fairly new pointer still,
my last one died (the switch) and was past warrenty, so no fix, just shelled-out big dollars to get a new one...!
Now, waterproof pinpointers are available, for the cost of another Garrett probe...!
- thanks, you've inspired me to water-proof mine, now!

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pacecapital, you have a great idea, yet a bit late.
Many new pinpointers have been released in the past few years. The trend seems to be waterproofing. As it should be.
Most seem to have only "upgraded" the Garrett ProPointer. Extra knobs/buttons, reduced sensitivity, off on vibrate/sound, etc. But if one worries more about protecting their gear than actually using it, not much will be found.
I have a 5yr old Garrett ProPointer that's been through mud, underwater, nearly lost in snow, been used as a digging tool, etc., and functions perfectly. Every time.
GL
Peace

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a 5yr old Garrett ProPointer that's been through mud, underwater, nearly lost in snow, been used as a digging tool, etc., and functions perfectly. Every time.

Good to go, Kid. My thoughts are that by the time my Propointer dies, it'll be time for a new one. I treat my stuff very gently, also. I mean, I'm not OCD or anything, but I dont jam jam jam the tip of it to break up plugs either.

Pacecapital, Buy a charter membership, and sell them here. It would be a good place to start, instead of trying to convince people how good your product is. I mean this sincerely and with no attitude. If you have a good product, you'll never get any sleep because your customers will hound you for it night and day. Trust me when I say this. I used to make knives for a living. Thank God I don't do that anymore.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like Tnmountains' pic/suggestion. The clipped bungee cord specifically.
Have you ever dug a great find, celebrated, filled in the plug then moved onto the next signal, only to realize you've left your pinpointer at the last plug? Well, it's bad when hunting in leaf covered woods. I did and nearly had to "detect" my own pinpointer.
Peace

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like Tnmountains' pic/suggestion. The clipped bungee cord specifically.
Have you ever dug a great find, celebrated, filled in the plug then moved onto the next signal, only to realize you've left your pinpointer at the last plug? Well, it's bad when hunting in leaf covered woods. I did and nearly had to "detect" my own pinpointer.
Peace

I hunt a lot of creeks and it will wash away. This way I can pinpoint and go after the target and not worry about it falling in the water . I have left it at the hole before and also used the light on it to walk out of the woods at dark!
P9280238.JPG

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread