Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0089.JPG IMG_0091.JPG IMG_0095.JPG IMG_0093.JPG IMG_0090.JPG My son named it the "Adventure Shelf"...we find something worthy and it goes on the shelf.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I am not a collector i never was .. The finds i can not sell will go to some place like goodwill .. And the metal goes to the scrap yards….To me collecting just means junk sitting around taking up space … And cluttering up the place … And then what do you do every now and then look at it … WOW that sounds like fun……….Just take a picture of it then get rid of it….

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didn't set out to be .... but I guess I'm a horseshoe collector as that's about all I ever find.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mainly Coins, and any old cooking wares, Crocks, Mason jars, Cast Irons....Thou I keep all my finds like Bottles, tokens, Butttons etc. I usally try and find people to give that stuff to that collects them

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In my younger days, I use to race slots both 1/24 & 1/32. I use to rebuild the power supplies for a track owner.
I would rewind the stock motors. At first by removing a couple of raps from each pole of the armagher. Later on I just rewound them with larger wire. The motors would get so hot the commentators would melt. I even custom built controls. They use to call me pushbutton. My controllers had a speed dial that I would set for the fastest I could take the worst curve. I had two other buttons, full throttle and breaks. I built another with a voltage doubler circuit, but it was outlawed. Oh, the old days!
Frank...- View attachment 1050966 View attachment 1050969
I am out of the hobby
now days but I remember the glory days of hand wound armatures. In the last 20 years or so you could buy custom wound armatures. The secret to a good armature was that the readings from a meter on all three poles were equal , thus meaning the number of winds were equal. we used to make a joke and call that a hand wound ..." a half a pound of hand wound ! " ...We banks of batteries where we control the amps and voltage. I had one track with 3200 amps and 16 volts and a hand controller burst into flames during a race... hahahah we knew we went too far. On smaller kiddie tracks we like adjustable power supplies like they use in amateur radio. Slot Car racing is still around ...maybe a hundred tracks in the U.S.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread