Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
often times people find nothing good but some clad, they seem a little disappointed and I understand why, we all want to find the good stuff but the reality is that it doesn't always happen. of course the big disappointment is the toasted zincoids of which I now have nearly 400 of... what a waste, all the way around! We also have to clean the clad and various methods are used to do this. My finds for today was only $1.77 but as I headed home, I began to wonder how much I had actually found so far this year so I added it up and was happy with the results. My wife was really surprised when I showed her the running total for this year's clad, she figured I might have thirty or forty dollars total. I have been using the clad for batteries and our "special" treats (going out to eat at our favorite restaurants) for a while, so when I told her it was $145.75, she was stunned, she just never thought about it. I had been telling her forever that it all adds up and i know that there are some of you out there that have found three or four times this amount but for around here, this is pretty good. So for some of you guys and gals just starting out, it does add up even though it may seem slow at first. yep, I can feel an ice cream and Italian food run happening soon, maybe this weekend! Jerry

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Clad Pays.
I paid a speeding ticket with clad one year, bought a coil another year.:occasion14:

I would say my F2 paid for it's self the second year I owned it.

Darrow

Jul 22, 2014
Sherman, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 550, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am just starting to md, it's fun watching the jar fill up with clad. I will take it ;-)

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It does add up. My clad took me from a Bounty Hunter to a Fisher F5 with DD coil. That in my first year of hunting. Oh and also paid for a new pinpointer. Love the clad!

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found three coin spills yesterday, a total of 47 coins, just wish the 32 pennies had been something bigger LOL. but hey, I take what I can get. the coin spills can also cut down on the number of actual holes dug which is nice but I don't mind. I have a older friend that looks down on any clad other than a quarter, he will not dig anything else... his loss is my gain! LOL HH & GL Jerry

DixieLandMan

Sep 18, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202, White's MXT, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It all adds up. I don't mind finding clad at all. I don't find too much but I roll all of it up at the end of the year and it goes towards something I want to buy.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
it is nice to be able to use some of your finds towards either paying for your detecting, up grading, detecting tools, gas or just whatever you want to use it for. You're not going to get rich by no means but everything helps in this hobby.

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took my clad finds that I found since March 30th to the bank yesterday. 296.38.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread