Fall in and Snow in the high country... artifact hunting?

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As I am still awaiting my fortune to arrive, my 4wd will have to wait. So taking the Camry east of I-25 checking for wind blown areas and uncovered artifacts. Never found or even seen an arrowhead. But really haven't looked hard enough. I believe the rattle snakes are not too active on the plains but will take snake leggings just in case. 0

Prarie dog villages are easy to spot and already turned the dirt over. Darned snakes live in the holes too so I'll bring a stick. And my .22 S&W Target pistol and .44spc for coyotes and critters. Most high country predators have moved to lower elevations causing some problems. The ranch I hunt in Walden Colo often has coyote problems. At $1,000 per head the cattle are vital to the small ranchers.

Moved into a senior apartment so no snow shoveling, or yard work ever again! Hard to get used to free time. Well not really....... retirement is Good. Need to charge my detector batteries and find the coils etc. Or not. Across the street is a European Deli and Bakery. Fresh baked rye bread or Pita warm from the oven. Sausages up the ying-yang but all in foreign looking names. But salami looks about the same no matter how they slice it. Hey a Pun.........

Picnics in a sunny spot maybe a bluff that I can use binocs on, and watch the world go by. Is not a bad thing to do. Enjoy your weekends..
BB

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just head on up to the upper half of Minnesota - no rattlesnakes, or other poisonous snakes.

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sausages up the ying-yang.....snicker snicker....:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread