hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry CoilyGirl, even looking at them gives me a tooth ache.
Close to home one opened a few years ago. Some cops flew a chopper to the Krispy Cream and dropped in to get some. Actually landed. It was said they were disciplined but I never heard how. Not like you have lots of chopper pilots.
I once saw a hippie van with a Dare sticker on the bumper. Kind of puzzled I got closer and the sticker was just like the cops Dare sticker but on a closer look it said "DARE To keep cops off donuts. "Good one.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
if we had one around here, I would go but when you are 90 miles from anywhere, they usually are nowhere to be found. oh well

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never heard of a "Krispy Kreme". must not be any here
( looks like a Hundred Miles or more 1 way to the nearest )
I do like Glazed donuts though

12 ? Not a Bakers Dozen ?
they used to always give a Bakers Dozen at the Farmers Market.
I miss the Donut shop at the Farmers Market

The next time you get the gift of an extra doughnut added to your dozen, thank crooked 13th-century bakers for the bonus treat. In the 1260s, British breadmakers were notorious for shorting customers with skimpy loaves. King Henry III was so irked by the problem that he implemented a new law to standardize the weight of a loaf—selling puny loaves could result in beatings or jail time. Since bakers wanted to stay on the right side of the law, one common trick was to give 13 loaves to any customer buying a dozen. Even if the loaves were light, the extra would cover the shortfall. It was an easy fix for bakers, and since low-carb diets were still seven centuries away, customers rejoiced.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

You are missin' out buddy. They even have Krisoy Kreme in Newww York Citttyyy now. I think they just give ya the regular 12 at KK but then again, I may or may have not eaten one in the car on the way home. Betcha in Pennsylvania they have some good Amish donuts though,maybe at the Farmers Market even.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other

Something I no longer indulge in, but at krispy kreme the stores have a sign that lights up when a fresh batch was just made..if you like glazed donuts..there are none finer.

Mike

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are missin' out buddy. They even have Krisoy Kreme in Newww York Citttyyy now. I think they just give ya the regular 12 at KK but then again, I may or may have not eaten one in the car on the way home. Betcha in Pennsylvania they have some good Amish donuts though,maybe at the Farmers Market even.

I never botherd looking to see if anyone else there sells Donuts.

there is an Amish Woman about a mile before the Market has a Sign out
Whoopie Pies every Friday . I never had a Whoopie Pie :dontknow:

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats news to me.There is one about 30 miles from me.When i was a teen i always went to kk.Thats the last thing i need now so i stay away.But having been to quite a few states i would say kk beats them by a mile.

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Aey Lassy.....you'd want to be shareing those now would'nt yee?

That would be a resounding "NO!" LOL! Hey Gary check out my thread in Health Watch about Fall vegetable gardening.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I guess I'm the one to 'rain on the parade'. I do not like Krispy Kreme donuts! When Jack and Jill donuts was open back in Texas (don't know if they still are/are not), I really loved their chocolate covered donuts. They also had the cream filled rectangular shaped thingys (can't recall what they were called); eclairs? Some of them were chocolate flavored and filled with chocolate filling. Gee, I loved those! Never really cared much for cake donuts. We have small grocery chain here that has their own bakery in each store. I guess they have the best donuts around here.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
If I eat a maple bar now, it just makes me sick feeling. Probably has something to do with my diabetes, and blood sugar. We don't have a KK shop here, but there is a store that ships them in from someplace, so they aren't fresh, and nothing special. I can't eat that stuff any more, except once in awhile I try. Trouble is, I gain weight just smelling them.

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They're an occasional treat around here for sure. After you eat one or two they feel like lead in your belly.

brandonsmith

Apr 21, 2013
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soooo worth driving 100 miles, BEST doughnuts ever!!!!

The next time you get the gift of an extra doughnut added to your dozen, thank crooked 13th-century bakers for the bonus treat. In the 1260s, British breadmakers were notorious for shorting customers with skimpy loaves. King Henry III was so irked by the problem that he implemented a new law to standardize the weight of a loaf—selling puny loaves could result in beatings or jail time. Since bakers wanted to stay on the right side of the law, one common trick was to give 13 loaves to any customer buying a dozen. Even if the loaves were light, the extra would cover the shortfall. It was an easy fix for bakers, and since low-carb diets were still seven centuries away, customers rejoiced.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I eat a maple bar now, it just makes me sick feeling. Probably has something to do with my diabetes, and blood sugar. We don't have a KK shop here, but there is a store that ships them in from someplace, so they aren't fresh, and nothing special. I can't eat that stuff any more, except once in awhile I try. Trouble is, I gain weight just smelling them.

I am with you Bosn. Something about diabetes just took all of the fun out of Krispy Kreme for me.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
< prefers cake donuts ( glazed ones are mostly air)

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Once on the Lips.....Forever on the Hips" Oh as we get older......:dontknow:

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We spent a week at The Outer Banks NC. last year in Sept. The big thing was the ladies in our beach house went to Duck Donuts every morning, you get them hot fresh made. Duck Donuts has more then one location at The Outer Banks.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Today and today only if you go to Krispy Kreme ( THE only donuts worth eating in my humble opinion) and don a pirate costume or even just make a patch for your eye or wear a bandana they will give you a box of twelve glazed do tugs for FREE( yes I said " free") Your hips will thank me later,NNNNOOOTTT!

Hot Krispy Kreme donuts are better than sex.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread