Tennessee Detecting Spots

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net. I am not from your area so I can't help on detecting spots. Most of us have a hard time finding spots also, other then schools and parks, which is a great place to find the learning curve on your detector. Do some scouting, go hiking and look for old cellar holes and wagon trails.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try google search. Old maps will show homesteads and old roads. Also the civil war atlas shows troop movement and battles. You might also check for local metal detecting clubs. Welcome to the site and good luck.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome neighbor. Go to the map section on this site. Open and save the USGS Historical Topo map and save it. When you navigate to an area you want to try and click on it you will get options that open in the bottom screen that allow you to select older maps. It has a slide bar function that overlays the current and past maps. Great way to find where the old road used to be as well as homes, churches, and schools. I use it often.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread