Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I’ve always been a Minelab guy…100%...but I became very intrigued by the XP Deus—compact, lightweight and WIRELESS!!! Although I read many great reviews on the Deus, I really needed to talk with someone much more knowledgeable about this machine so I called Bart at Big Boys Hobbies.

My first call was on a Sunday with the full expectation and intention of getting a voicemail informing me of his business hours so I could then know when to call during the week. Bart answered the phone. He was on his way to his son’s football game but was more than willing to talk with me about the Deus! I politely apologized for interrupting his family time and told him I would call back on Monday…I felt badly that I had infringed on his Sunday but Bart was more than a gentleman about the interruption!

On Monday, I called with a list of questions that filled up an entire 8.5x11 sheet of paper. Bart spent over 30 minutes with me not only answering my questions but giving me insights and suggestions that I didn’t even know enough to ask about at that point.

Bottom line: I was very impressed with the machine yes but even more so with Bart and his friendly professionalism…so much so that I ordered the Deus that day. Not only did Bart ship it immediately, he also offered to talk me through the set up and operation once I received the detector…I have every confidence he will but I’ll refrain from calling him on Sundays from now on!!!

All in all, I couldn’t have asked for a better experience nor could I have asked for a better deal than I got from Bart—a true professional and a great soldier to deal with in every regard. Just in the short time I’ve dealt with him, I have full confidence in Bart and Big Boys Hobbies and will now swing a Deus to compliment my beloved Excalibur.

Soldier on Bart…and thank you once again!

Colonel Dan

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have purchased from bart on 3 occasions.He is a pleasure to deal with.My last purchase was a x-pointer that acted up as soon as i got it.Bart contacted them and they hooked up with me and i got a replacement.Bart is one of the best in the business in my opinion.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colonel Dan, I agree with you 100% - I suggest you buy "The XP Deus Handbook" by Andy Sabisch for $20, tons of detailed info, tips and programs the manual does not cover.

OP
OP
ColonelDan

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks Tedyoh...it's on the way!

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well said ColonelDan.
Same Sunday service w me last year and over a much less expensive machine. Bart is service and knowledge at its best.
Peace

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bart is great to work with. I too got a Deteknix pinpointer from him. My experience has been great with mine. No problems and works great so far.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My fear is that Bart becomes overwhelmed with customers and his business grows beyond his ability to give everyone the personal service that we so love right now. The phrase, "I bought it from Bart," is becoming more and more common. Before long, we'll be on the phone with someone at Big Boys Hobbies who don't know a detector from a lawnmower. Bart is the best-kept secret in the world of detecting. I think we better shut up and keep Bart all to ourselves! :laughing7:

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
Well done Bart.Its nice hearing Good reports about our Dealers.Ive always heard Bart was a stand Up fella,and I've always enjoyed reading his post.If I get a chance i'm gonna have to spend some Xmas money at BigBoys! Thanks for sharing your experience. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread