OP
OP
John Winter

John Winter

Aug 23, 2014
England
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You may find it strange that copper coins were forged. Because this thread is all about Boulton, I've chosen one of my forged cartwheel pennies to show you. They were well-designed and difficult to counterfeit ... and this attempt proves that!

Not very convincing, eh? Not even copper, but a lead composite, but you'd get away offering it in a busy bar on a Saturday night. Boulton's Soho Mint struck coins for the East India Company, Sierra Leone and Russia, while producing high-quality planchets, or blank coins, to be struck by national mints elsewhere. For example, the firm sent over 20 million blanks to Philadelphia, to be struck into cents and half-cents by the United States Mint. So, there you have an American connection.

BTW ... is there anybody out there? Even a comment saying 'you talk crap John', would be better than a deafening silence. :laughing7:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Ah yes, but where would they all be without Creases?
Frank five star.png
coins_0010 2euro harp_edited-1.jpg coins_0012 1euro eagle_edited-1.jpg Hay do these things float? I am finding them on the beach on this side of the pond?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread