new treasure huntin hobby!

wabash river rat

Feb 16, 2007
new treasure huntin' hobby!

i just missed the spring clean up in my town, so i thought that my junkin' was probably over until the fall clean up. but in talkin' with a friend of mine about it, he told me that he checks out old field fills. for those who don't know what that is, in my neck of the woods there is a lot of farmin'. when a farmer had a place on the edge of a field that was startin' to wash out and erode they would take stuff and dump in the wash to stop the erosion. i know one time out mushroom huntin' with a buddy and we stopped by one of the washes that he checked evey year 'roomin'. there was just a small brown piece of ceramic showin'. he started diggin' it up, and it turned out to be a complete brown jug like you see in old movies that moonshine was in. everything was intact and not a chip out of it. anyway i was wondering if anyone else did stuff like that? it's just really hard to find an old dump like were around when i was a kid. talk about some good junk!

Godspeed,

wrr

beavis

Mar 11, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Re: new treasure huntin' hobby!

My Great Grandfather used to take me to the dump and I would have a blast going through all the "cool junk". I put a whole bicycle together doing that. Must be what got me into relic hunting.

coolbeans

Apr 11, 2007
san antonio texas
Detector(s) used
whites...dfx- D2- sunray..dx-1 whites...beach hunter id 300 garrett..ace..250 bullseye..II
Re: new treasure huntin' hobby!

i sure do miss spring shoomin', i really need to get back up to indiana.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread