Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yesterday, I past a milestone; 10 years of posting on Treasurenet.
At this point, I want to take a time out to give thanks.

Thanks to Mark for creating such a great site; and to his successors in maintaining (and improving) this site.Thanks, also to the endless number of members who have offered challenges- requesting identification, history and value of found objects; it has been a true pleasure to have been helpful with some of those challenges.

Know that each challenge has given me pleasure; perhaps as a means to momentarily escape from some drama/trauma going on in my life or the challenge of just wanting to be helpful and bring some closure to a member asking for assistance.

Above all, though I may not have ever met you, I feel that I have developed friendship with many of you. Tonight, I'll lift a glass of my favorite Merlot and give a toast to each of you--and to being able to hang in here for another ten years of enjoyment.

All my best,
Don MacKay

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your anniversary Don. Hopefully I'll be able to celebrate the same milestone someday :thumbsup:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Don,

You have most certainly provided the answers to a LOT of posts...their a few of you on here.

I thank one and all.

GOD Bless

Chris

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats to you. I don't know how long I've been on here, guess I'd better check. Ah yes, I see it right there, it's only been 4 years, wow, seems longer than that.

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations Don! As I have witnessed, you and your powerful Kung Fu are one of the most valuable members we have on this site, period.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats Don! You are a great asset to the site for sure in pursuing answers to riddles regarding objects.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the 10 years Don..

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats and Thank You, I know you have helped me.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, you ARE one of the treasures of Treasurenet- here's to your next 10 years!

Yea, Id have to agree..Don has helped me many times on Id'ing Items...correcting me when I needed to be..lol

Shouldnt you get like a Free Year of Charter Membership for this :thumbsup:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Shouldnt you get like a Free Year of Charter Membership for this :thumbsup:

You know, you have a point here. Perhaps there should be a way for TNet to honor exceptional members. Maybe "banner" type vote on a member's contribution to the forums. People like Don need to be recognized in some way, and there certainly are others.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, you have a point here. Perhaps there should be a way for TNet to honor exceptional members. Maybe "banner" type vote on a member's contribution to the forums. People like Don need to be recognized in some way, and there certainly are others.

If Charter Member is something he wants..Im down for halvsies

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A gifted CM can be worked out...

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Does Don even want a CM....

Last edited:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats to you Don.. always appreciate your research and experience.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always a wealth of knowledge. I remember when I joined you helped me identify many items and some spanish cobs. Thanks for always helping!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yesterday, I past a milestone; 10 years of posting on Treasurenet.
At this point, I want to take a time out to give thanks.

Thanks to Mark for creating such a great site; and to his successors in maintaining (and improving) this site.Thanks, also to the endless number of members who have offered challenges- requesting identification, history and value of found objects; it has been a true pleasure to have been helpful with some of those challenges.

Know that each challenge has given me pleasure; perhaps as a means to momentarily escape from some drama/trauma going on in my life or the challenge of just wanting to be helpful and bring some closure to a member asking for assistance.

Above all, though I may not have ever met you, I feel that I have developed friendship with many of you. Tonight, I'll lift a glass of my favorite Merlot and give a toast to each of you--and to being able to hang in here for another ten years of enjoyment.

All my best,
Don MacKay

Don, my hearty Congratulations on your 10-year Anniversary here on Treasurenet! Wow, 10-years?! Tough skin, soft and giving heart. Here's to another 10-years! :notworthy:

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
it is my understanding that after 10 years one gets three months off from posting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread