Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Also in N.E. Ohio.. To have snow SAT. and back up to 55 on Mon...

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Possible snow this weekend in northwest montana. Nooooooooooooooo !!! I want to go detecting, rats.:unhappysmiley:

Right above you in Saskatchewan buddy. I wanted to go out today but it's supposed to be snow and plus 2 C. for a high. I might go anyway. I still manage as long as the ground isn't frozen, makes for a mucky mess though.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey cjrjr507 - Libby is my "hometown" I was born there (we left when I was a wee one) I wanted to ask you how that area is treating you
from the metal detecting standpoint - I remember going back there when I was ten or twelve , and "Libby Logger Days" was going on .
a big carnival if I remember correctly - I'm thinking the grounds where they used to hold that would be excellent hunting .I'm guessing
you're not having much competition from other detector folks in Libby .

Last edited:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Already had some snow here. At 11,000ft. yesterday just snow blowing all day long but not much accumulation over 4 or 5 inches. Maybe 3, 4 weeks til the ground freezes and that's pretty much the end of it for me til about the end of May.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea you can feel it getting close here in Montana. Gonna be sad till at least April. :sadsmiley:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I was just out there cutting down 10 dead locus trees for my heat supply. The wood burning heater is on the way. The splitter is sitting there waiting. I got a late start this season. Frank five star.png

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes there calling for Miserable, cold wind, & flurries here so far :(

I have my Nieces Wedding to attend So wouldn't be outside much anyway.
But still I hate it !

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
  • Friday A chance of rain and snow showers, mainly after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. Light west northwest wind becoming northwest 6 to 11 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
  • Friday Night A chance of rain and snow showers before 7pm, then snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 21. Windy, with a north northwest wind 11 to 16 mph increasing to 25 to 30 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 47 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
  • Saturday Snow showers likely, mainly before 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
  • Saturday Night A chance of snow showers before 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 23. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Ya! Tennessee!
You bunch of cry babies!:laughing7:

dusty1530

Aug 14, 2013
Brownsville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
76 for the low and 85 for the high today Brownsville TX

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee, reading this stuff about cold and snow……Nov through April…..half a year…….there exist warmer climates…..
Yet there is something refreshing about the colder weather and it's related activities…..
Vaya con Dios

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had frost on my windshield this morning :-(

Days are getting shorter too. My after work hunts went from 4 hours in the summer down to a measly hour to hour and a half before it gets dark. Just a month ago I could still manage almost 2 hours a daylight. I would consider night hunting but some of the parks that I hunt boot you out after dark due to crime problems.

This weekend I'll be cleaning up my woodstove and possibly firing it up for the first time of the season. I have developed a great dislike for cold weather, I can honestly see myself moving somewhere warmer or becoming a "snow-bird" someday.

petecnc

Dec 17, 2004
wilmington nc
Detector(s) used
used to own a whites dfx. i dont currently own a machine. cant wait to save up for a new machine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yup winters coming, going to have to wear pants and a sweat shirt more often here in north Carolina

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I had frost on my windshield this morning :-(

Days are getting shorter too. My after work hunts went from 4 hours in the summer down to a measly hour to hour and a half before it gets dark. Just a month ago I could still manage almost 2 hours a daylight. I would consider night hunting but some of the parks that I hunt boot you out after dark due to crime problems.

This weekend I'll be cleaning up my woodstove and possibly firing it up for the first time of the season. I have developed a great dislike for cold weather, I can honestly see myself moving somewhere warmer or becoming a "snow-bird" someday.

AH yes, the Snow Birds! When I was last in Quartzite, AZ, in January a few years ago, The population jumped from 4K to 300K when the Snow Birds arrived. The place looks like the worlds biggest flea market. You can buy anything there for a good price. Long term camping on BLM areas is $35 a week. Great hiking and prospecting for gold. Frank five star.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread