Skunked of late, and alas, its over for me here in Milyucky, Wisconsin.

SilverFinger

Apr 17, 2008
Woodstock, Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Eagle Spectrum, Treasuremaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skunked of late, and alas, it's over for me here in Milyucky, Wisconsin.

Can slaw, pull tabs, deep iron crusties, a few clads, fence bits... The last few days have been crap as far as finds.

It was an ok season. Nothing legendary. Maybe 15 silvers and some cool little keepers.

The winds are howlin', the skies are grey and the fetid stench of winter is in the air here in the miserable midwest.

My last post griping about the cold was April 26th, when it was 38 degrees and I was at my wits end to get outside after one of the most horrific winters in recent memory and try my then new MX5 (which I no longer have)

So.... mid May to mid/late October is TH season in Wisconsin. A little over 4 months. That's pathetic.

I'm married now - My wife and I are workin' on getting out of here and moving to Georgia. Not sure I can stand one more winter here or I might hang myself with my headphone cord. >:(

Thanks for letting me vent....

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I firmly believe that it is not how much time you have, but what you do with the time you have that makes it worth while. I live in Montana and the wind is howling like a ghost as I type this. Fall is losing it's battle against winter. But as long as the ground is clear I will continue the hunt. When old man winter does come, I will patiently sit and wait for the day when the days get warmer and the ground is ready for me and my F5 to reveal it's treasures. Life is what happens when you are busy making plans.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread