Its official, my wife and I no longer have a job!

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's official, my wife and I no longer have a job!

For 30 years both of us has worked in the auto body business. The last 13 years we were owners. Most people in New Bern knew us as Adolph's. As of today, it will be known as American Coastal Collision. We sold it, and I guess we are going to try and semi retire. I plan on catching up on some fishing and detecting,:headbang: and maybe painting the inside of the house :icon_scratch: Sorry, I had to throw that in for the old lady:laughing7:

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey congrats.You can start to enjoy life a little bit more.

GroundSnooper

Mar 10, 2007
St. Paris, Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT, MXT, GMT. Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! You will not have enough time to get all the things done now! Enjoy and report back if you get the chance lol!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dusty1530

Aug 14, 2013
Brownsville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am working to retire also I plant to give the house a remodel first

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll never retire ... Got a family run business that will be passed on.
Yeah man, I offered it to my daughter and son in law, but they turned it down. Both of them work there now, but they didn't want the headaches that come with ownership. Hats off to you my friend,keep it going!

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on your retirement. At first you will keep getting up early and think you ought to get some part time job, but if you tough it out, you will discover just how much fun it is to sleep in, and not have to be someplace on time. Nothing is so important it has to be done before noon.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi mr. b; CONGRATULATIONS. Good luck on your Retirement. PEACE:RONB

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
For 30 years both of us has worked in the auto body business. The last 13 years we were owners. Most people in New Bern knew us as Adolph's. As of today, it will be known as American Coastal Collision. We sold it, and I guess we are going to try and semi retire. I plan on catching up on some fishing and detecting,:headbang: and maybe painting the inside of the house :icon_scratch: Sorry, I had to throw that in for the old lady:laughing7:

I wasn't satisfied with sleeping till 9:30, deciding where to go out to lunch and then just messing around. I went to visit the place I retired from and my old boss put me back to work. Coming up on 1 1/2 years of work and no way to escape. Hint: Don't go visit anybody...

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Retired now for 2 months..... Seems more hectic now than ever before! Good gracious the demands on my time! Probably a good thing your kids didn't want the business - you'd still be working!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I retired in '94. Spent several years traveling in a MH for a month at a time cache hunting, sightseeing and prospecting all over the USA. The thing was, I always got homesick in about a month and returned home to the farm. In 1999, My home burned down the night I returned. The fire took out the home, my car, and the MH. I was left with an old 18' MH that was in bad shape. Didn't run and needed repairs. I fixed the water pump, refrig, heater and lived there with my sons bulldog while I designed and built a new home. The cost ate up my retirement funds, but everything is paid for including a new MH. I have my last eye operation coming up soon and then I will try to resume the good life with occasional travel and hunts. Hay, as you get older, the years seem to run by faster! Frank five star.png
6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 035-1.jpg

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I retired in '94. Spent several years traveling in a MH for a month at a time cache hunting, sightseeing and prospecting all over the USA. The thing was, I always got homesick in about a month and returned home to the farm. In 1999, My home burned down the night I returned. The fire took out the home, my car, and the MH. I was left with an old 18' MH that was in bad shape. Didn't run and needed repairs. I fixed the water pump, refrig, heater and lived there with my sons bulldog while I designed and built a new home. The cost ate up my retirement funds, but everything is paid for including a new MH. I have my last eye operation coming up soon and then I will try to resume the good life with occasional travel and hunts. Hay, as you get older, the years seem to run by faster! Frank View attachment 1073684

There's things to see out there!
6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 035-1.jpg

Last edited:

mtncreekdarrell

Greenie
Apr 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats to you both,,,Have a Great Retirement,,,I am going to in a few months,,,Look forward to it,,,Yall have a long and happy life and good luck on your hunting,,,

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations to you both!
Sorry to hear your daughter n son n law didn't take over. What will they do now?
Running a business can be so demanding and time consuming.
Good luck in all you do.
Peace

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I retired in '94. Spent several years traveling in a MH for a month at a time cache hunting, sightseeing and prospecting all over the USA. The thing was, I always got homesick in about a month and returned home to the farm. In 1999, My home burned down the night I returned. The fire took out the home, my car, and the MH. I was left with an old 18' MH that was in bad shape. Didn't run and needed repairs. I fixed the water pump, refrig, heater and lived there with my sons bulldog while I designed and built a new home. The cost ate up my retirement funds, but everything is paid for including a new MH. I have my last eye operation coming up soon and then I will try to resume the good life with occasional travel and hunts. Hay, as you get older, the years seem to run by faster! Frank View attachment 1073684
View attachment 1073685
That really stinks Frankn, sorry it happened to you. You are so right about how time goes by fast the older i get. Seems like hrs. go by like mins.

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats !!!

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations to you both!
Sorry to hear your daughter n son n law didn't take over. What will they do now?
Running a business can be so demanding and time consuming.
Good luck in all you do.
Peace
Thanks man, both are going to stay working there for now. My daughter is a certified medical assistant and my son in law has a degree in mech. engineering, so if things start to go south there they both have something to fall back on.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
That really stinks Frankn, sorry it happened to you. You are so right about how time goes by fast the older i get. Seems like hrs. go by like mins.

I remembered that old saying about spilled milk. lol
It's like researching a cache. You just keep going until you can't go any further. Frank five star.png 6 06-1 Yellowstone 119-2.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread