OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG it's cold!!!!!!!!

I bundled up today like an Eskimo and went out for a couple of hours. The wind was horrific. But, when you get a nice signal you seem to forget the cold. But, not for long. Did not find much, but got my fix. Hope I never get to the point that I have to find something awesome or I am not happy. I think when you first start you are happy with clad, then happy with the first wheatie, then happy with the first Indian. Then you are Not happy unless you find silver or gold. I still love finding it all.

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't worry your not alone. Winter for me is the time to clean and research the years finds. Also do some homework and find a new spot when spring comes. Clean and revamp equipment if needed.

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It is even cold here in the south! Seems more like early January to me!

butch of pa

Oct 27, 2013
Millerstown pa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Minelab Etrac w/ Sunray x1
Minelab Ctx 3030
XP Deus w/ 9" Coil
minelab XS w/ sunray x1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not just cold, but that wind is brutal.
we are probably going to break a 94 yr record low for tonight........brrrrrrrrr

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I bundled up today like an Eskimo and went out for a couple of hours. The wind was horrific. But, when you get a nice signal you seem to forget the cold. But, not for long. Did not find much, but got my fix. Hope I never get to the point that I have to find something awesome or I am not happy. I think when you first start you are happy with clad, then happy with the first wheatie, then happy with the first Indian. Then you are Not happy unless you find silver or gold. I still love finding it all.

Not so cold here in South Texas. May be playing golf soon...

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As cold as it is here,I know you guys up there are chilliwillie.Keep warm-HH

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:) I am like you.... I like finding all of it... old wheat, silver, dog tags, misc coins, etc... I hope it never gets old finding the little stuff :)

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel for you guys, I see the weather reports and just hope everyone stays safe, I am lucky living in California can detect year round but I don't get the older stuff where I live.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With a 48 inch frost line not much diggin for me for about 5 months now, unless somebody loses somethin in the snow and gives me a call.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cold and stupid here.
It was bout 19 here this morn, with wind, and who but me could find himself on a snow covered roof 50ft high!? Got the job done though! ;)
The ground here is frozen less than an inch deep. No problem diggin'. Warmer temps this weekend. Hope to dig.
Stay warm.
Peace

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep go'n out digging till I can't....then I'll wish for a back hoe! It does help retrieving targets if you can still feel your fingers! :laughing7:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I regret that I can't get out with the MD. I'm on some meds that slow my heart rate just enough that I have trouble staying warm.
But, that's not the biggest problem! We have about 3 to 4 inches of snow on the ground, depending where the sun has shone and where the shade has been.
It has been down to 8 degrees for the last 4 mornings. The high for the last three days was 28 and 29. Today it got to 34. It's gonna be a while before much digging happens!
At least the main roads are clear. I went to Boise for a little shopping this morning. Just about everything around is snow covered. Also there was a bit of fog. The trees are so beautiful when they are 'flocked' with fog!

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was 24 deg. here this am. I hate to bring this up, but I sure hope we don't have another winter like the last one!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I sold 4 boxes of hot chocolate off my water truck today:laughing7: